Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Flashlight Recommendation

Go the Malkoff website.I think you will find what you need.
    And Malkoffs wont shit the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Looking at them, how do you feel about the tail-cap type mode switch? These look like a solid choice!

ETA: Does the High-Low Tailcap have a momentary mode?
    Rob I have nothing but good things to say from my experience with elzetta, the high/low tailcap functions just like the clicky press but don't click it's momentary, click for steady on, loosen slightly for low keep it tight for high it checks all the marks for me.

I may do something I haven't done in years - I may buy a Surefire - http://www.surefire.com/illumination...lashlight.html

Bezel twist mode switching.

The Protac HL looks close to what I want too.
    I like everything about that light except for the bezel up pocket clip and it's assocation with James Yeager.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    Rob I have nothing but good things to say from my experience with elzetta, the high/low tailcap functions just like the clicky press but don't click it's momentary, click for steady on, loosen slightly for low keep it tight for high it checks all the marks for me.
    Thank you for the feedback, this looks increasingly like the way I will go.

I may do something I haven't done in years - I may buy a Surefire - http://www.surefire.com/illumination...lashlight.html

Bezel twist mode switching.

The Protac HL looks close to what I want too.
    This surefire light looks really nice, but I wonder if the 5 lumens is just too low? It seems like that would only be good for reading a document in the dark. I think I'd prefer my low setting to be around 15-20 lumens.

Heirloom quality light. Your grandkids will be using this - probably with a 5,000 lumen upgraded drop-in....
    https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.co...nt=45482623939
    Throw a pocket clip on there and I think it hits all your requirements. Give ol' Gene a call.

ETA: Malkoff lumens are legit lumens. He is conservative with his claims, probably moreso than SF, who, I think, started getting a little liberal with things a while back. I would be willing to bet you would have a hard time telling Malkoff's 325 lumens from SL/Sf 500 lumens - especially in actual use.
    Last edited by Tensaw; 01-17-2018 at 09:47 AM.

I too will throw my support in the direction of Malkoff Devices.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    This surefire light looks really nice, but I wonder if the 5 lumens is just too low? It seems like that would only be good for reading a document in the dark. I think I'd prefer my low setting to be around 15-20 lumens.
    In my experience with my previous EB1 Backup (200 high/5 low) the low was fine for the types of things I actually used it for. I've seen a lot of people that say Surefire actually underrates it and that it is actually closer to 15 lumens, but I don't have any way to verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    How about the new Surefire EDCL1-T?

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...lashlight.html

Meets all of your requirements and wants except for the rotary switching, but in my opinion the switch on this light is the best option on the market. Press lightly for low, mash on it for high.

Mine will be here tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Don’tshake would REALLY like to see your feedback on PF re. this light instead of the dog walker postings I see on PF.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Don’tshake would REALLY like to see your feedback on PF re. this light instead of the dog walker postings I see on PF.
    I'll post some thoughts tomorrow, but I expect to like it a lot. It's basically my old EB1 upgraded to 500 lumens, and that was my favorite light I've ever had. I'm really hoping my Thyrm Switchback for the EB1 works with it.

User Tag List