Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That Smell

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I was told by an ER doc friend that an especially toxic example of a methhead customer can necessitate replacing furniture. Shit gassing off the human body gets weird quick when the going gets inorganic. How about it, @Nephrology, does that sound about right in your experience?
    You mean that they emit actually toxic fumes that isn't just BO? I've seen lots and lots and lots of people who were extremely meth intoxicated, but never heard of that.

Shit gassing off the human body gets weird quick when the going gets inorganic. How about it, @Nephrology, does that sound about right in your experience?
    Not knowing what that means seems to make that even more terrifying.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm clueless of any drug smell except pot smoke. Crack is "acrid"? Burning tires acrid? What does it compare with?
    Crack has always smelled chemical-ish to me. Hard to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Meth heads and meth labs smell like cat piss.
    Depends on the type of lab.

A coal miner said his dad became addicted to pain pills after a back injury and now he doesn’t shower because he says his high lasts longer if the oils on his skin are excessive. People living for a chemical high are human but just barely.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I was told by an ER doc friend that an especially toxic example of a methhead customer can necessitate replacing furniture. Shit gassing off the human body gets weird quick when the going gets inorganic. How about it, @Nephrology, does that sound about right in your experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You mean that they emit actually toxic fumes that isn't just BO? I've seen lots and lots and lots of people who were extremely meth intoxicated, but never heard of that.
    I'm thinking more like the particular combination of chemical compounds in that BO may get "stuck" on certain surfaces and take a lot to come unglued. Particularly, given the fatty nature of human BO and the terribleness that is whatever is coming out of meth...

I was in a lab once, where a particularly nasty ammonia spill had occurred 5 years earlier and you could still smell it faintly in the floor, walls, and lab tables. The PI complained constantly about it, I suggested a solution...A liberal amount of EtOH + an unobserved Bunsen burner can solve just about anything...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    A coal miner said his dad became addicted to pain pills after a back injury and now he doesn’t shower because he says his high lasts longer if the oils on his skin are excessive. People living for a chemical high are human but just barely.
    This.
    I have been a social worker for about a year now. Most of my clients are druggies, trying to get state assistance. What has been explained to me is the dirtier they are, the longer the high lasts.

Luckily the lady left my some VS body spray in the desk. I tried to give it back, but she said no honey, you will need that. It was a WTF look on my face as she walked away laughing. Now I am retired Army with two tours in Western Iraq, and Mosul. So I have smelled rotten bodies. But the first time I was stuck in a 8x10 closed room with a meth head, the spray was used. I drenched the room after that dude walked out.

Site Supporter
    If we're talking about the smell of substance abuse yeah...Severe alcohol induced liver failure has a smell. Might have something to do with the jaundice sweats.

As far as other smells go...I could go on for literally hours....but crusting scabies was a new one for me last week...it smelled...odd.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Crack has a smell, but crackheads don’t always smell like it. Unlike potheads who smell like pot (and patchouli) all the time. It’s my belief that smoking crack makes you immediately forget how to take a shower, do laundry, or brush your teeth.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 01-16-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My favorite is "homeless patient with trench foot"

Trust me, it is rather unforgettable
    Only to be topped by homeless crackhead with protestic leg who has let the cup on the leg fill with piss and shit and allowed to brew for a couple weeks.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

^^^that is gnarly.

User Tag List