Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's talk about automated powder dispensers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Do these charge stations actually save any time at all?
    I'm at 13-15 seconds to drop the powder, weight it, trickle it, and dump it in to the case.

The factory speed settings on a Chargemaster are 2-3X times.

I’m pleased with my Hornady Auto Charge purchase. Once warmed up and adjusted, it trickles the correct charge of Varget while I seat a bullet. I shot some decent groups today with rounds loaded using it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m pleased with my Hornady Auto Charge purchase. Once warmed up and adjusted, it trickles the correct charge of Varget while I seat a bullet. I shot some decent groups today with rounds loaded using it.
    Set speed to Slow, trickle to .6 grains, voila!, Varget trickles to my set charge as I seat a bullet in a charged case and check.

I love this thing. Next up, I will be trying it with Tac.
    #RESIST

For larger weights I like my Lyman, although I hate the 30min warm-up. For 223, I find it hard to beat the older purple/brown Redding's. I have a couple. Maybe paid $25/ea off fleabaay.

Once you get in a bit of a rythem, the autos are nice. Can't speak for the others but, with the Lyman in the auto setting, as soon as I put the empty pan back it starts trickling another round. Usually takes enough time to seat the bullet and place in a box.

User Tag List