Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use night sights on J frame?

My LCR has the trijicon powered XS Big Dot. It’s starting to get dim now, I should probably get a new front sight.

I’ve not done any serious shooting with it at twenty five yards. When I carried it I was still in the mindset of it being a close range only gun. I’ve since learned the small guns are capable of so much more.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 01-17-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I enjoy shooting my J frame up close but really enjoy stretching it out. I find it fun because I know they shoot better than many give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is that the standard or big XS sight?
    Standard size. It was a simple installation as the 640-1 has a pinned on front sight. You have to drill the hole for the pin to pass through the XS sight, but it's no big deal & the drill bit is provided by XS.

Site Supporter
    Try paint on the front sight of a J frame and then add crimson trace LG 105 boot grips. Great combination. I often carry a 642 in a Kramer pocket holster. I wouldn’t waste the money on night sights
    Attached Images Attached Images  

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Try paint on the front sight of a J frame and then add crimson trace LG 105 boot grips. Great combination. I often carry a 642 in a Kramer pocket holster. I wouldn’t waste the money on night sights
    I have the same exact combo except mine is blued (442). The 105 boot grips are great, though not a ton pleasant to shoot much of. but they carry very nicely.

I use the 305 grips and really like them

User Tag List