Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Caught a pretty little eye a couple of weeks ago. Toothy little fellow.

It got up to 81 degrees that Sunday, was -6 by Tuesday.

Name:  IMG_2979.jpg
Views: 1687
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2864.jpg
Views: 1652
Size:  29.1 KB

A little early season action on the boat. We could only fish for about three hours so I will take it. Water temp is still a little low, but it's getting there.

Name:  IMG_3265.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  36.2 KB

The haul from Monday. Jugged the blue cat.

Name:  IMG_3386.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3373.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  47.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Oh, I know. I'm just impressed at how ambitious small/medium bass can be sometimes.
    Smallies..."pound for pound the fightingest fish." When a 3 inch smallie hits a 4 inch Rapala, you have to wonder, what was he thinking? How was this going to end?

I miss fishing. What's the P-F of the fishing world?

Two and a half hours on a mountain lake this morning. Caught a couple of slugs. All were fat except one.

Name:  IMG_3510.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3519.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  96.8 KB

Atlantic Cod and my ridiculous Covid stache’

Name:  2B00FEE5-1F35-4E4A-84FD-7F420DBAA023.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  41.6 KB

Kid’s first striper

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Name:  IMG_3523.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4825.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  77.6 KB
    What’s your setup for lake trout? Have a trip planned for later this month. Everything I have is set up for large mouth and I have no idea what to buy. I don’t fly fish and don’t care to learn right now.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    What’s your setup for lake trout? Have a trip planned for later this month. Everything I have is set up for large mouth and I have no idea what to buy. I don’t fly fish and don’t care to learn right now.
    For trout in a lake I use a 7' medium light moderate spinning rod with a Pflueger Summit spinning reel. I run braided line with a flourocarbon leader, but 6 or 8 pound mono does just fine. For lures, I have success with Kastmasters, Tasmanian Devils and Panther Martin spinners. A few different colors of each so you can figure out what they like that day. It doesn't hurt to have a few softbaits like tubes or skirts and some jig heads in case they are really finicky. White softbaits have done the best for me.

That is assuming that you are talking about trout in a lake, Rainbows, Browns, Cutthroats, Cuttbows; as opposed to Lake Trout (Mackinaw) with which I have no experience.

User Tag List