Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Attachment 101303
    Attachment 101304
    Decent Crappie and a good enough Bass at work while waiting for my next flight. Started tying my own flies and found some foam in my kids trash can that turned into some grasshoppers waiting for summer. @flyrodr @ASH556
    Attachment 101307
    Excellent! That hopper looks like a straight killer!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Nice hopper!!!
    It looks too good to use.

It’s been a good spring and early summer so far. Still haven’t hit the tuna grounds but will be soon. A quick photo dump from some trips with friends and family members. Honestly there are many days I have more fun putting people on the fish rather than fishing myself.

Name:  IMG_3969.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  41.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4008.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  71.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1086.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  46.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4026.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  78.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_4040.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  67.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4995.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  20.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_4997.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  29.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6183.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  37.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6174.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  54.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    It’s been a good spring and early summer so far. Still haven’t hit the tuna grounds but will be soon. A quick photo dump from some trips with friends and family members. Honestly there are many days I have more fun putting people on the fish rather than fishing myself.

Name:  IMG_1086.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  46.6 KB
    Was fishing in the Pamlico off Hatteras week before last... only on the water 2 days (small craft advisories, 25+kt winds a few days, a day setting up the boat after being in storage..)... Was hoping for Drum and Speck, but only caught a few Skate and Bluefish...... and a good sunburn...

Looks like you're having a great time AND catching... Double bonus.

Flounder limits were "0" in OBX... Illegal to have one on the boat... Which is ok by me, I don't like flounder.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Name:  IMG_20230625_111458.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  33.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230625_112726.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  19.8 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    Way cool, @NPV !! I’m just getting into saltwater fly fishing this year. I live on some of the best salt flats around for redfish and sea trout. I plan on taking a few guided trips first to learn the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Was fishing in the Pamlico off Hatteras week before last... only on the water 2 days (small craft advisories, 25+kt winds a few days, a day setting up the boat after being in storage..)... Was hoping for Drum and Speck, but only caught a few Skate and Bluefish...... and a good sunburn...

Looks like you're having a great time AND catching... Double bonus.

Flounder limits were "0" in OBX... Illegal to have one on the boat... Which is ok by me, I don't like flounder.
    Thank you, I’ve been pretty successful on the water. I’m relatively young but I’ve been running a boat for 15 years and fishing for even longer than that so I have a “lot of time on the water”. I definitely understand the setting up of a boat, this is the 4th season with current rig and it’s still a work in progress (read moneypit), I have a laundry list of things left to do to really optimize it and maintain it.

I know it’s not your intended species but Bluefish are always fun! Their aggression is almost comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Way cool, @NPV !! I’m just getting into saltwater fly fishing this year. I live on some of the best salt flats around for redfish and sea trout. I plan on taking a few guided trips first to learn the ropes.
    Awesome! That’s a smart, and IMO, the best way to break into a new fishery. A good guide will help cut the learning curve down significantly. After that it will be about finding the fish, their patterns, etc. But once you know you can catch them if they’re there (master what you can control) it all becomes easier. I’m no expert when it comes to fly fishing and still throw some tailing loops every now and again but the challenge is fun and for me is a good way to mix things up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    …But once you know you can catch them if they’re there (master what you can control) it all becomes easier. I’m no expert when it comes to fly fishing and still throw some tailing loops every now and again but the challenge is fun and for me is a good way to mix things up.
    I make the analogy that fly fishing is the bow hunting of the fishing world. The absolute most difficult way of doing it. But it works with my ADD. Keeps me busy and engaged.

My second fish of the year caught on a lure in a local reservoir…

Name:  IMG_2228.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  56.9 KB

I was introduced to ice fishing this past January and was instantly hooked (pun intended). I quickly bought all the requisite gear at close out prices. Now I’m waiting for ice again.

Name:  IMG_0737.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  18.4 KB

There’s a feel good story attached to the photo above… an antique that still works!

Got a few rat BFTs today, but it’s always nice to get fish on the first offshore trip of the year.

Name:  123_1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  37.4 KB

User Tag List