Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Fishing

And *that’s* the reason we kept a muskie bat in the boat.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Topwater Pike and Musky is bucket list stuff for me. I have yet to get to witness that explosion firsthand. 2024 is the year!

Sounds like an amazing trip!

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Topwater Pike and Musky is bucket list stuff for me. I have yet to get to witness that explosion firsthand. 2024 is the year!

Sounds like an amazing trip!
    It was a great trip. Just toss a noisy topwater bait into junky looking little coves with rocks and reeds and keep throwing it. Eventually something will happen. LOTW is loaded with nice muskies. And I think the pike fishing is getting better all the time.

You'll get one.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    It was a great trip. Just toss a noisy topwater bait into junky looking little coves with rocks and reeds and keep throwing it. Eventually something will happen. LOTW is loaded with nice muskies. And I think the pike fishing is getting better all the time.

You'll get one.
    I have been trying Whopper Ploppers and Spooks on some local lakes, but no love yet. I don't know when I will get back to LOTW again. I might want to hit McConaughy next for giant Walleye and Wiper.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    And *that’s* the reason we kept a muskie bat in the boat.

No muskie batting on LOTW. They have to be 54" to even think about keeping one. We've caught several high 40's fish over the years. A couple low 50's is all. A 54" is truly a fish of a lifetime, even there IMHO.

First of our "big" muskies. 48" fat Fall fish. Graphite reproduction. Caught (and released) on a snowy, windy, cold late September day on LOTW waaaayyy back in 2003. I spent most of the day huddled as deep inside my big Gore-Tex parka as I could get.

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  65.5 KB
    Last edited by NETim; 02-01-2024 at 10:44 AM.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    No muskie batting on LOTW. They have to be 54" to even think about keeping one. We've caught several high 40's fish over the years. A couple low 50's is all. A 54" is truly a fish of a lifetime, even there IMHO.

First of our "big" muskies. 48" fat Fall fish. Graphite reproduction. Caught (and released) on a snowy, windy, cold late September day on LOTW waaaayyy back in 2003. I spent most of the day huddled as deep inside my big Gore-Tex parka as I could get.

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  65.5 KB
    May I ask where you had that reproduction made? That is amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    May I ask where you had that reproduction made? That is amazing work!

https://www.alignable.com/antigo-wi/...-fish-replicas

Three of us spent last week chasing bonefish in the Bahamas. Had a great time. Caught fish from small ("that fish still has milk on its lips") to a big ten pounder.

Here's my largest, by guide's estimate "eight, maybe nine pounds - - - call it nine". Maybe accurate, maybe fishing for a bigger tip?

Name:  Andros Bonefish 02 04-11-24.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  40.4 KB

And if there's any doubt from the photo, no, I did not get sunburned.

User Tag List