Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Magpul pro 700 chassis

New Magpul pro 700 chassis

New stuff coming out of Mapul

https://www.magpul.com/products/pro-700
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Wow just saw the price tag. The appeal of their stock was entry level pricing with some decent features. I'm not sure how competitive this will be with so many chassis' already on the market. Any rifle guys have any insight on what this offers, if anything, over current options? Either way I'm sure they'll sell some because:magpul.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Will be interesting to see feedback from the rifle shooters. Will be interesting to see price in the future from the discount houses. I have enjoyed my original MAGPUL stock on a SA Rem 700 LR 308 - got it at a great discount price and great way to add AICS like mag capability plus stock features.

Site Supporter
    So when will we ACTUALLY see it available? I'm still waiting for the Ruger American stock they announced last year.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-15-2018 at 05:11 PM.

The adjustable grip and trademark stock adjustments are nice. But not really seeing the value at the pricepoint.

Like a guy on snipershide, first thing I thought was... McRees lookalike?

Heavy, expensive. What's the advantage here over existing chassis systems?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Heavy, expensive. What's the advantage here over existing chassis systems?
    You will be able to get it at Cabelas and other large retailers for those buyers who are not as in tune to the opportunities.

Not much into the "chassis" thing for bolt guns, and this one didn't move the needle for me either.

Love my McMillan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Liptak
    It’s pricey, but it’s pretty stacked. The hinge is a bank vault and flips to fold left or right, can capture bolt knob. Toolless LOP and CR, with a secondary lock to be rock solid on CR, buttplate articulates, trigger reach is adjustable, comes with two grips, fits right or left handed actions in same [sku] with a plate swap, NV mount available, accurate AF, and polymer clad so it’s not like grabbing an icicle in winter and a branding iron in summer.

Fixed stock version will be cheaper. Long action by mid summer or so.

FDE AND ODG coming
    @HCM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Liptak
    March for Ruger. That damn bolt head and body transition gave us some fits with 6.5CM, and we found out the other available options did it too. We sorted it out though.

The sharp edge was dragging the second cartridge forward and trying to double feed.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-15-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Looks great, but for the price and my needs; doesn’t make it worth $650 over my KRG Bravo.
    #RESIST

User Tag List