Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W model 66

I saw a 4" 66 in the LGS today that was excellent mechanically, but only VG finish-wise. The tag was $795, and that struck me as about par for my region.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I saw a 4" 66 in the LGS today that was excellent mechanically, but only VG finish-wise. The tag was $795, and that struck me as about par for my region.
    O.O

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    A "no-dash" model?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

If I recall, a dashless M66 should have solid white stainless sights front and rear.

$795 strikes me as about $200 too high for my area (Portland metro, Oregon) for an M66 in that condition. There is the asking price and there is the selling price, and many gun stores that I frequent have increased the asking prices on S&W no-lock revolvers due to perceived collector demand. I say "perceived" demand because when I have talked to the store owners about what those guns actually sell for, more often than not it is quite a bit below the price on the tag--particularly if the buyer is a regular customer.

@Duelist, @Stephanie B, I dunno. I'll have a closer look next time I'm in, assuming it's still there (probably).

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    There is the asking price and there is the selling price, and many gun stores that I frequent have increased the asking prices on S&W no-lock revolvers due to perceived collector demand...
    True, this. I recently picked up an early-90's 640 that was stickered higher than typical gunbroker listing, but the OTD cash price that they gave me, tax and all, was certainly less than the tag.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-27-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

S&W model 66

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Man, you are evil!

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-29-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List