Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: S&W model 66

My mom seems to remember they paid around $200 for this one in 1986.

I can remember (circa early 1980’s) when a 66 commanded a scalper’s premium, at least in NH. It was THE service revolver in the eyes of many.

Name:  A85B8C85-7AA9-4E31-B61E-824A26A37A84.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  72.4 KB

I was in Texas in the late '70s and all the more desirable S&Ws were bringing scalper prices. As a dealer you had to pay premiums to get any qty for resale or wait for the slow drip through normal distributor channels or direct from S&W at normal dealer cost. Either way they were selling for high prices on the retail end.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Went to the range for the second time, ever. I had asked the staff about an old box of 357 magnum hollow points that came with the pistol. Based on the receipt my Dad had with it they were 20+ years old. They suggested I use them up cause of their age. The difference between the 38’s and the 357 was impressive! 50 rounds later my hand was hurting!
    The OWA is having a feed issue so that one will need to go back for some fine tuning.

A friend gave me some +p 38 rounds. Will this pistol safely handle these rounds?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Heymatt View Post
    A friend gave me some +p 38 rounds. Will this pistol safely handle these rounds?
    Yes, easily.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response.

User Tag List