Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5×5 Classifier ( Abbreviated)

Gio--I was just typing a similar post when yours came in. Completely agree.

I haven't shot IDPA for years, so I don't have a dog in this fight. But...research before making rule changes? That doesn't seem to be the way they roll in IDPA.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    So... the 5x5 will replace or be equivalent to the regular IDPA classifier for purposes of classification?
    That was my hope, when I first got the link from our area coordinator. Since then, IDPA issued the 'clarification' that the .tech site isn't to be "...viewed as official."

I still hope it will.
    Last edited by Wendell; 01-18-2018 at 06:23 PM.

While it certainly is easy to administer, it tests a fairly narrow range of skills — good draw and the ability to shoot one target at close range. Thresholds are very generous.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

And then IDPA posts this...
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

The 5x5 reminds me of using the FAST for the KSTG classifier.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

i came across this drill last year, and tried running it a few times for practice (way before it was announced as a possible classifier replacement), and if i recall, those runs would have bumped me into EX. might try it again next time i'm at the range, now that they have settled on times.

I've only shot the 5x5 once. My time was a 16.24 or thereabouts. I haven't shot an actual IDPA match since 2014. I used to be right on the EX/MA line on the classifier, but I never played the game that well.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While it certainly is easy to administer, it tests a fairly narrow range of skills — good draw and the ability to shoot one target at close range. Thresholds are very generous.
    I think it's valid enough for a snapshot, but shouldn't replace the larger established classifier. If used as a substitute, appropriate only at the local club level.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

If this is indeed the only thing needed to be shot to classify then that's kinda dumb.

This is on the website now:

Important Classifier Information
    by Administrator 18. January 2018 16:13
    Subscribe to Feed

5X5 Classifier
    A new 5X5 classifier will be posted on the official IDPA website. Information describing the purpose of this classifier will be included. Although you may begin using that classifier, the ability to upload the results are not yet ready. You will receive official notice from HQ when that functionality is in place.

Uploading match scores

We have had questions regarding the uploading of match score for both PCC and the new 5x5 classifier.Please be advised that our IT vendor is working on this and when it is available, which should be very soon, you will receive notice from IDPA HQ.

<http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2018/01/18/Important-Classifier-Information.aspx>

User Tag List