Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Channel: Forgotten Weapons

YouTube Channel: Forgotten Weapons

As the title says (and sorry if someone has brought this up before; if so, I ask the mods to merge with the original thread). This channel focuses on the more rare and obscure firearms in history that show up in various auction houses with the presenter doing his best to show both the history behind why such guns were made and show how they work. Not all the guns shown are uber rare obscurities that only gun hipsters would appreciate, but I could see several members of this site *cough*Tam*cough* geeking out HARD over the guns brought to the screen. Just on the pistol side, Ian (the channel owner and main presenter) has shown the Webley 1907, Webley 1910, Mars Automatic Pistol, Walther MP/PP, Mauser 1912/14, Schouboe Prototype .45 ACP guns submitted to the trials that gave us the M1911, etc. And that is just on the pistol side.

This channel is both a fascinating look at classic weapons, weapons that never quite made it, and is an overall infinite time sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

It's a classic channel if you have some time to burn.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Highly recommended. The only YouTube channel I've ever supported via Patreon.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I love Ian's videos. The time period he typically covers has the most interesting guns in all of history.....there's just so many different designs. The various interwar toggle action rifles are really neat to me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I love the channel. Anyone interested in the history and mechanical operation of firearms should sub, Ian does a GREAT job at explaining these things. There's a number of things I've been confused about (the lever delay action of the FAMAS for example) that Ian clears up for me handily. He also does videos for the channel InrangeTV which is good also, just deals with more practical application.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I've been watching that channel for years. I'd also recommend In-Range TV (Ian is also a host there) and C&Rsenal. Military Arms Channel has some pretty interesting collectible guns from time to time when he's not dunking stuff in mud.

I'm also a fan of Forgotten Weapons. I especially love seeing early self-loading pistols and ways people used to increase a weapons capacity throughout the ages. And while my level of disposable income remains shite, the requested (now minimum) amount of money to support the channel is low enough that I had to create a Patreon account and become one of the channels supporters.

I find the sister channel InrangeTV to have a lower signal to noise ratio. There's some interesting stuff there too though, like their lightweight AR-15 project. (Strictly academical from my point of view, since I couldn't source any of the major parts.)

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've been watching that channel for years. I'd also recommend In-Range TV (Ian is also a host there) and C&Rsenal. Military Arms Channel has some pretty interesting collectible guns from time to time when he's not dunking stuff in mud.
    I tried C&Rsenal, but he is wayyyyy too verbose and goes off on tangential stuff to the history of a weapon with minimal value....for a half hour.

Its nice that C&Rsenal shoots everything they review, but I could do without their judging system of somebody with minimal firearms skills hammering away rapid fire and then proclaiming what they would do in battle.

I find Ian's videos to be much more palatable and still very informative about the history of a weapon/designer.
    Last edited by TGS; 01-14-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I really enjoy Ian's videos, especially the ones focusing on Czech and Polish semi auto rifle designs pre WWII.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I really enjoy Ian's videos, especially the ones focusing on Czech and Polish semi auto rifle designs pre WWII.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Yeah Gun Jesus is the only channel I've gave money too. Good stuff.

User Tag List