Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii ICBM Inbound.... False Alarm

That’s a pretty sweet Windows 3.2 display. I guess the dropdown text is distorted because of the curvature of the 15in CRT monitor?

Or hit enter a couple times and then add the dangerous real ones.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Simpsons warned us about this and we didn't listen!

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!

"Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    This story keeps getting dumber. From BBC News:

Forgotten Twitter log-in details have been blamed for delaying a public correction to Hawaii's missile alert earlier this month.

Governor David Ige was told two minutes after a text message was issued by the Emergency Management Agency (EMA) that the threat warning was a false alarm.

But his office did not share the information via social media until about 17 minutes later.

On Monday, Mr Ige acknowledged he had failed to recall his social media ID.

"I have to confess that I don't know my Twitter account log-ons and the passwords, so certainly that's one of the changes that I've made," he said after his State of the State address, according to local newspaper the Honolulu Star Advertiser .
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    This story keeps getting dumber. From BBC News:
    On Monday, Mr Ige acknowledged he had failed to recall his social media ID.

"I have to confess that I don't know my Twitter account log-ons and the passwords,
    I understand. Not all of us stay logged in on social media all the time. My passwords are all different and I can probably remember three of them. If I had to warn P-F you'd all be OK, but if you have to have notice via Twitter or Instagram you can kiss your asses goodbye.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I understand. Not all of us stay logged in on social media all the time. My passwords are all different and I can probably remember three of them. If I had to warn P-F you'd all be OK, but if you have to have notice via Twitter or Instagram you can kiss your asses goodbye.
    I don't do social media and have no idea what my password is for P-F either. That's what LastPass is for. (Until I forget the master password and then all is lost. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Late to this thread, but I had just landed on an outer island, plane was taxiing to the gate. Everyone's phone goes off at the same time on the plane. Sunny day, no weather issues throughout the islands, thinking WTF must be a Tsunami alert, shit. Look at my phone and I was "OH FUCK". First thoughts was to get the pilots to fly us right back to Oahu. Called my wife, no answer. Called my son (13 yrs old), he was calm. Ran down a list of things to do, made sure he was gtg with the safe combo. Had him put my wife and 11 year old daughter on speaker phone, had a brief conversation,stayed very calm and matter of fact, finished with telling them that I loved them.

Saying I was pissed was an understatement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Late to this thread, but I had just landed on an outer island, plane was taxiing to the gate. Everyone's phone goes off at the same time on the plane. Sunny day, no weather issues throughout the islands, thinking WTF must be a Tsunami alert, shit. Look at my phone and I was "OH FUCK". First thoughts was to get the pilots to fly us right back to Oahu. Called my wife, no answer. Called my son (13 yrs old), he was calm. Ran down a list of things to do, made sure he was gtg with the safe combo. Had him put my wife and 11 year old daughter on speaker phone, had a brief conversation,stayed very calm and matter of fact, finished with telling them that I loved them.

Saying I was pissed was an understatement.
    Oahu/Honolulu would the the last-best place to go in Hawaii under those circumstances...
    Airborne for 45 minutes would be the bestest.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 01-23-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Oahu/Honolulu would the the last-best place to go in Hawaii under those circumstances...
    Airborne for 45 minutes would be the bestest.
    That means little when you kids and wife are there and you are not.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    That means little when you kids and wife are there and you are not.
    Copy that!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List