Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Burnout

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I have Been enjoying my Ruger American .22lr with a can...
    Now that I have a can, I really need to get a 22lr rifle. The bolt rifle is attractive because if I get another 10/22, I'll go down that rabbit hole of customization...again.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Sporting clays. Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Go backwards, get a 10/22, .
    Combine these two and you will have the most fun shooting you can imagine.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Personally speaking, guns that don't have a challenge associated with them tend to get evicted.
    For me, the challenge may be to fill a specific role, to be used in a challenging event, or the challenge of coolness.
    I also tend to find competitive events based on what I own or am interested in, which keeps the challenge alive.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

For me, I need to have fun with my guns. Obviously some are more fun than others. Occasionally, training needs to take a back seat.

There are few things more fun than a .22 rifle. A lever action 30-30 is another rifle I’ve had a ton of fun with over the years. I’m on the fence about buying one of the little CZ carbides in .7.62 or .223.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Personally speaking, guns that don't have a challenge associated with them tend to get evicted.
    For me, the challenge may be to fill a specific role, to be used in a challenging event, or the challenge of coolness.
    I also tend to find competitive events based on what I own or am interested in, which keeps the challenge alive.
    Yeah for me buying an AK rekindled my love for shooting rifles again. Funny you mentioned finding competitive events based on what you're interested in. I learned about the Red Oktober competition put on by Rifle Dynamics and am trying real hard to free up some schedule to go to Utah next Oktober and shoot it. Watching the youtube videos of it and it seems it's fairly laid back with fun stages.

I got the GSG 9mm MP-40 replica solely as a S&G gun. After all, the accuracy is terrible, and I doubt it would still run after 2000 rounds- but it is a blast to shoot.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Set aside around $800 and just wander in and out of pawn shops and old sporting goods style gun shops.

I'm sure you'll find something that speaks to you.

Personally, I'd recommend a classic S&W revolver, an interesting AK variant, or fun bolt gun. See also the 'scout rifle' thread.

So this is fun- my stepson dropped an AK off, with a thousand rounds. Apparently, California frowns on this type of thing.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    So this is fun- my stepson dropped an AK off, with a thousand rounds. Apparently, California frowns on this type of thing.
    Mazel Tov ! You should start a thread titled “the Refugee rifle” to document your adventures.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-24-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Mazel Tov ! You should start a thread titled “the Refugee rifle” to document your adventures.
    Awesome. Not the first time an AK has been rescued from behind Communist lines.

User Tag List