Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Guns in general get really boring if you're not using them for something fun.
    This. ARs were really fun to me when I was hunting small game and 300 yard prairie dogs with them. Running rabbits, jacks and cottontails, are a blast with an AR. I'm also at least as happy doing the running small game with a lever gun. Been getting a case of the wants for one of the new Winchester 1873s, but most seem to come with crescent butts, which I am not a fan of.

If we were shooting buds here, I'd offer: put them up and throw everything into pistol shooting this year.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just dive into a non-AR (My snowflake gun is an AUG, which I love but they are indeed spendy), shoot it, learn it, and if/when you go back to the AR it'll feel new again.

Or a PCC, all the ones I've shot have been so much fun I'm surprised they're even legal.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Try a long range .22 like the Vudu. Guys are shooting these out to 400.

https://www.vudoogunworks.com/patent...peater-action/
    #RESIST

Are you sure it has to be a long gun? What about a 1911? Just reading the active thread here on PF makes me think it could take a significant amount of time and money just to get it to run right... Let alone shoot at a high capability!

In all seriousness though... What about bullpups or SBRs?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 01-14-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Or a PCC, all the ones I've shot have been so much fun I'm surprised they're even legal.
    This, plus a suppressor for it, and a Dillon to feed it, because it really is that much fun.
    #RESIST

M1 Garand.

Shot a local CMP match last year to qualify to purchase through them...it was a ball.

Put an aught-six cartridge next to 5.56. If you ever wondered why they were The Greatest Generation, you will know.

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Title says it all. I am burnt out on 5.56 rifles. I've shot tens of thousands of AR-15 rounds and never take my LE6920 to the range.

I keep feeling a desire for an AK, but would be interested if there is a different option out there for a long rifle.
    Any suggestions for something new and exciting- AK or a rifle in a different caliber???
    I've reached that point with AR's too. My advice, buy the AK. They're fun. Pull up the "Current state of the AK" thread and read the suggestions there.

Arsenal SLR107 + ultimak rail + red dot = really shootable and fun

I’d say go for an AK, but if you go with a cheap one and just plink with iron sights you might be a little less impressed.

I actually prefer Arsenal AKs to many of the ARs I’ve shot; I use one like the above with a Surefire for HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've reached that point with AR's too. My advice, buy the AK. They're fun. Pull up the "Current state of the AK" thread and read the suggestions there.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tate-of-the-AK
    #RESIST

User Tag List