Thread: Glock 40 MOS Issue

Glock 40 MOS Issue

My father took delivery of a brand new Glock 40 MOS last week, and fired 150 rounds on the range today. He encountered several issues attributed to the slide stop staying into the upward position while attempting to reload via the overhand rack method during live fire and also during dry manipulation of the weapon.

I know how the slide stop is supposed to be installed, but this one has significant lateral play, in addition to an anemic feeling spring. Is this issue common in the large frame Glocks, and is it even worth reaching out to their CS instead of just buying a new slide stop unit?

I’ve never had this problem in my fleet of Gen 3,4 and 5 9mm’s.

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    My father took delivery of a brand new Glock 40 MOS last week, and fired 150 rounds on the range today. He encountered several issues attributed to the slide stop staying into the upward position while attempting to reload via the overhand rack method during live fire and also during dry manipulation of the weapon.

I know how the slide stop is supposed to be installed, but this one has significant lateral play, in addition to an anemic feeling spring. Is this issue common in the large frame Glocks, and is it even worth reaching out to their CS instead of just buying a new slide stop unit?

I’ve never had this problem in my fleet of Gen 3,4 and 5 9mm’s.

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have a G40 as well as a couple 21's. All have the OEM extended slide stop lever and none work as you described. The G40 has had a steady diet of stout loads and I just checked it - works as advertised. I carried a Gen 3 G21 for several years and it didn't move laterally either. You could send it back but I'd be inclined to buy a new large frame lever and see if it does the same thing. Much quicker and less of a PITA.

User Tag List