Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Franklin Armory Reformation

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    If it *is* stupid (i'm not passing judgement), and they know it's stupid, but know they'll sell container full quantities in a short time and a make Saudi Oil type money from it, then use those funds to make actual useful and cool stuff, should we be upset?
    Upset is too strong a word. But, this is a world where Taurus Judges and Serpas! are huge bestsellers.
    Derp sells.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

the price kinda throws a wrench in the idea but for a home defense "rifle", but this should be more accurate than many handgun owners in the 5-25 yard and under territory.

Yes? No?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    the price kinda throws a wrench in the idea but for a home defense "rifle", but this should be more accurate than many handgun owners in the 5-25 yard and under territory.

Yes? No?
    More or less accurate and effective than a pistol with a brace that you don’t intentionally shoulder? Don’t think so. At 2k this thing is a nonstarter. At $600 it could have been fun to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Upset is too strong a word. But, this is a world where Taurus Judges and Serpas! are huge bestsellers.
    Derp sells.
    +1

It's even Glock now with the 19x or anything Aliengear. Advertising budgets and stupid sells.

Name:  d8c96470d9fa32080270e019985e70c883f266b4bf27ec19d5e243f058cebfde.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  39.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    If it *is* stupid (i'm not passing judgement), and they know it's stupid, but know they'll sell container full quantities in a short time and a make Saudi Oil type money from it, then use those funds to make actual useful and cool stuff, should we be upset?
    Because Franklin Armory doesn’t make cool stuff. They make Derp stuff.

Derp sells.
    Relevant: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/idiocy
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

What is important is that now companies will start making non rifled barrels. So any of us could build a non sbr SBR. Ain't nobody gunna spend 2k on it, but maybe I'll do something dumb if they made a MP5 or some other solely CQB firearm with a non rifled barrel.

That'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gskip View Post
    What is important is that now companies will start making non rifled barrels.
    I really doubt there would be the demand, from discerning customers, for a reputable manufacturer to bring such a thing to market. The accuracy alone is unsettling.

Franklin can have their gimmick and their binary triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I really doubt there would be the demand, from discerning customers, for a reputable manufacturer to bring such a thing to market. The accuracy alone is unsettling.

Franklin can have their gimmick and their binary triggers.
    And the massive number of bullet marks on the walls, floors, and ceilings of indoor ranges will multiply further.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

And the massive number of bullet marks on the walls, floors, and ceilings of indoor ranges will multiply further.
    The Reformation vs a 18" 590, which patterns tighter?

User Tag List