Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin Armory Reformation

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m also curious if it’s something that the ATF can keep changing its mind on like the pistol braces. Could owners of this thing become instant felons when the ATF decides to reinterpret something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean like the Shockwave and TAC-14?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    You mean like the Shockwave and TAC-14?
    It’s definitely a concern I have with those.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I think Glock cuts the twits the when "rifling" the barrel. What I'm suggesting is making a barrel with a strait hexagon hole and then twisting the barrel.

I think it would be considered a smooth bore before twisting and I don't think twisting the barrel would be considered "rifling".
    You'd have a hell of a time insuring consistent twist rate along the axis, not to mention keeping concentricity along the axis.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the trigger, and it'll still be illegal in NJ.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    It’s definitely a concern I have with those.

I'm honestly not too worried about it. Even if they said "ILLEGAL" tomorrow, they'd have a hell of a time I.D.'ing who owns them since, at least here, they're transferred as a shotgun, there's nothing I.D.'ing it as a shockwave on the transfer forms, and even the serial numbers aren't unique.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    You'd have a hell of a time insuring consistent twist rate along the axis, not to mention keeping concentricity along the axis.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the trigger, and it'll still be illegal in NJ.
    Yea the more I think about it the less sense it makes.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Then again, maybe it wasn't so crazy after all.

Lancaster oval bore rifle.

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/the...-rifle.126976/

Charles Lancaster was a famous British gunmaker in the 1800s. Mr. Lancaster was not only interested in small arms, but also larger cannons as well. In 1850, he came up with the idea of an oval shaped bore. The bore would be slightly oval shaped and would rotate throughout the length of the barrel and therefore, a tightly fitting projectile would come out spinning, just like a rifle bullet. Unlike a true rifle though, there are no grooves and therefore, no sharp rifling edges, which makes the bore easier to clean.
    The Newton-Pope Rifling and the Oval Bore.

http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/Cast_...Oval_Bore.html

Instead of the barrel being cut with grooves having their bottoms concentric with the bore of the rifle, and forming sharp angles at the sides, the groove is merely a segment of a circle having a shorter radius than that of the bore
    Last edited by 5pins; 01-14-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Well if nothing else, the buzz about this thing has been YUGE.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Part of me wonders if they're playing the "guess what it is" game just to get their name circulated.

I've passed on less bleeding-edge stuff; I'll pass on this one.
    Of course they are. Free marketing. The "big reveal" is hot now. Right up there with life style branding. Sig does both...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Maybe the buttstock delivers an electric shock so as to discourage shouldering
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

While the sheer stupidity of the nature of NFA laws frustrates me to no end, I really dislike the "NFA loophole!" marketing angle bugs me. Flaunting that you're exploiting a loophole is just begging to be made a villain by some leftist hit piece on irresponsible gun makers and how things need to get cracked down on further. No, the law is BS, and it shouldn't matter, but the first rule of exploiting loopholes is you keep your mouth shut or the loophole gets closed.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List