Thread: Ring height for a model 70 stoic and Leupol 1-5

Site Supporter

Ring height for a model 70 stoic and Leupol 1-5

Typo on the Title: Ring Height for Model 70 compact and Leupold 1-5...damn auto correct.

Starting my experience with a practical rifle. I'm starting out with a Model 70 (post 64 recent production).

I'm planning on a Leupold 1-5 which has an eyepiece diameter of 1.8 in (~46mm).

I'm looking at talley one piece bases for the 30mm body and am wondering what height I should consider ideal?

Understand that all of us are built different. But, would Low or Medium base/ring combo be ideal?

I have standard bass and low rings on my tikka, my 3-9 has plenty of clearance. But, I realize the bases give a bit more height to the rings.

Just asking because in the scout rifle thread I've seen a few rifles mount a 1-5 with similar dimensions.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imp1295; 01-12-2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: i can't type

I would go lows.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I agree that lows are the way to go. I just sent back some medium Talley's that I ordered for a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44. Would have needed a stock bag or cheek piece to have proper alignment with a good cheek weld. Lows oughta be about right for your rig.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 01-12-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    Great!
    Thanks for the insight gents.

Lows it is (at least, that is what is in the cart now).

User Tag List