Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowie Knife donated to Texas Rangers Museum.

Now that I am retired from LEO-ing, and, of course, being a life-long resident of SE Texas, a nice large Bowie blade seems to be a fitting grail, for which to start a quest. A Bowie knife is bit of Excalibur, and more than a bit of Texas/Louisiana peace officer history/heritage; what’s not to like?
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-02-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Gleichman, a former insurance underwriter who served as president of the Maryland Arms Collectors Association, spent about $400 for the knife in 1982.
    If that can be established to really be a knife that Rezin P. Bowie made, I'd say that's a helluva deal.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The only thing worth seeing in Waco, but well worth the stop.
    If you have not visited the Balcones Distillery, it is also worth a visit. I ended up spending three hours there the other weekend, and was quite impressed.

Expect some nice things this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If you have not visited the Balcones Distillery, it is also worth a visit. I ended up spending three hours there the other weekend, and was quite impressed.

Expect some nice things this year.
    I did forget one thing about Waco: the last time we were there we had the best TexMex food ever, at this hole in the wall place called The #8.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Yes, there are some very nice places to eat downtown.

You do have to book the distillery tour about a month in advance. But the tasting room is quite nice, and you can walk in without a reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yes, there are some very nice places to eat downtown.

You do have to book the distillery tour about a month in advance. But the tasting room is quite nice, and you can walk in without a reservation.
    Oh, it wasn't a nice place, but we got into our hotel late and it was within walking distance. My wife and I walked in and quickly deduced it wasn't our demographic at all, but the food was damned good.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List