Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ameriglo CAP Sights

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The CAP Precision Accuracy are the most appealing to me as I prefer a narrower front sight and tighter notch.

https://handguncombatives.store/products/cap-pa-sights
    I REALLY like the idea of this set!! Though even better with serrated rear. Unfortunately as I move away from glocks I'm wishing these kinds of options were available on HKs. But I'm not getting rid of my Glocks so they may end up wearing some of these new hotness sights

Blue Loctite should work fine if you degrease everything first.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

My father bought a Gen4 Glock 17 last year. On my advisement, he purchased a set of Ameriglo CAP sights in yellow. They are the standard set, part number GL-614. Shooting the gun at 25 yards, the point of impact is 4.5 to 5in. high. This is using the top edge of the sight for aiming. I will typically evenly bisect the target I am shooting, in this case a B8 bull, with the top edge of the front sight. Some of my guns require a classic 6 O'clock hold. WIth these sights, I have to hold somewhere below the black in order to get decent hits, but the consistency is lost. I emailed Ameriglo about this. The response I received was that the sights are a "Combat" sight, designed to use the center of the front sight for aiming. I explained that if I did that, I'd be shooting 7in. high. That fell on def ears.

I think I've found the problem, though. Stock Glock sights are a .165in tall front, and .256in. tall rear. The Ameriglo CAP sights are .165in. front, and a .272in. rear. I will likely drift out the CAP rear and replace it with a Spaulding model, which measures the correct .256in. and see if that corrects the problem. I'm curious though, has any one else experienced this issue?

I am pretty sure the .272 in rear is meant for glocks 20’s etc not Glock 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    I am pretty sure the .272 in rear is meant for glocks 20’s etc not Glock 17.
    Exactly! But, that's what Ameriglo sells for the 9mm and 40's.
    10-8

I didn’t measure the height of the sights i received, but during the little shooting i got to do before mine came loose, it seemed to hit as expected. I reinstalled the sight tonight. I first took off the front sight I installed on my G43, intending to reinstall it with red loctite, but I decided not to use red based on how difficult it was to remove and the fact that the red and blue are rated to the same temp. So then I had to clean everything up and reinstall with blue for nothing lol. But at least I didn’t use red. I’m thinking I must not have used enough loctite when I installed the other one the first time. I was under the impression that a little goes a long way, but apparently not. This time I’ve got way more than enough, under the sight on top of the slide and everything, but I’m pretty confident they won’t come loose. That stuff sure sets up quick though, made it difficult to get them straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ameriglo CAP Sights

Btw @afi1, I like your avatar. Always interesting running into a fellow tech. Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by leathermaneod; 01-15-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    The CAPs in OP are riding darn near every pistol they make them for in my collection now. They work very well with my eyes and I shoot well with them. I have both the orange and yellow and find that I slightly prefer the yellow, but both are excellent,
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    No problems washing out with the yellow.
    YMMV my eyes like bright yellow sights.
    Red not so much, especially in dim light.

My experience was exactly opposite, yellow washed out for me.

User Tag List