Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $23 billion for big guns and no ammo - Mount some Glocks or P320s?

Site Supporter

$23 billion for big guns and no ammo - Mount some Glocks or P320s?

https://news.usni.org/2018/01/11/no-...oring-industry

If you like reading about total cluster reproductive acts - the Navy takes the cake at times. We have the LCS fiasco and now the Zumwalt debacle. So much money for three ships that were supposed to supply fire support in an outdated D-Day mode. Very expensive guns and no one figured out the ammo could not be afforded. A small amount in war terms was exorbitantly expensive. The ships now will be used for their missile banks which are smaller than our other ships. They can't carry the latest missiles anyway. The guns are useless.

We can't afford this or that - but those who planned this should be commanding row boats in Central Park. Just lay them up and cut the losses.

Amazing is about all I can say.....

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Amazing is about all I can say.....
    Relax. It's all part and parcel of Operation COVFEFE's multi-dimensional chess play.

(Can Organize Very Few Embroiled Firefight Engagements)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

“...there is no plan in place for a replacement round for the Advanced Gun System the ships are built around.” So, the ships were built around a gun that can’t be shot? Simply brilliant planning.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I’m sure senior officials responsible will be punished.....(insert sarcasm thingy)

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m sure senior officials responsible will be punished.....(insert sarcasm thingy)
    Punished? The objective of the ship is to provide task and career support for peacetime military officers,not be a war instrument. War fighting isn’t Earth-friendly , dontchaknow.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I think you just add a rotary turret on top with a cannon and call it a modern-day iron-clad. There, problem solved.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 01-12-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Whoever did this needs to be haunted by the ghost of Jackie Fisher.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Did no one notice the ship commander's name? Only need to add a T.

I read the comments.
    I immediately regret that choice.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List