Page 95 of 374 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Oh I agree. The problem is, the voting public largely has no clue what's happening to the police profession in many large cities, just like most folks in California don't know they and their legislators have been voting to repeal much of the Penal code for the last six years. And then they're shocked...SHOCKED.....to discover that crime is rising! Hey, good luck with that! Lemme know how that turns out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Oh I agree. The problem is, the voting public largely has no clue what's happening to the police profession in many large cities, just like most folks in California don't know they and their legislators have been voting to repeal much of the Penal code for the last six years. And then they're shocked...SHOCKED.....to discover that crime is rising! Hey, good luck with that! Lemme know how that turns out for you!
    A long and happy retirement is the best revenge (and will hopefully provide some solace). I can't even imagine working under the (administrative constraints and) conditions some of you face nowadays.

I'm fortunate in that my current chief lets me run the training program as progressively as I want to take it. We still don't get enough training sessions but that's reality due short-staffing and budgets. However, we make the most of the time we have between live-fire that includes basic drills and advanced movement and shoot don't shoot, as well as scenario-based training and de-escalation. Ultimately it's up to the officer to do the right thing, but I'm going to make damn sure that they get the best training and mindset that they can possibly have before they hit the streets. He also believes in ending the problem as soon as it starts to avoid an escalation of force later in the incident. For that I am very grateful! However as we all know, that could change tomorrow with a new chief. Run with what you have and make the most of it while you can.

If you're only going to watch one video, watch the last one, it's definitely unusual.

First, a video from Flagstaff, AZ:

"Flagstaff police fatally shot a man who they say fired a gun at three officers in the parking lot of a Walmart store on Thursday night. Officers were called to the Walmart, at 2601 E Huntington Ave., just before 10 p.m. Thursday on reports of a man with a weapon in the parking lot. Police have since identified the man as Sean D. Brady, a 29-year-old Flagstaff resident. Brady was sitting in his truck when Officer Pat Condon asked him to put his hands up and exit the vehicle, police say. Brady then began shooting at Condon with a handgun, but missed, according to a police statement. Condon and Officers Dustin Hemp and Ryan Sherf returned fire, the statement said.. After the blast, Brady's truck rolled forward into a light pole. Arriving SWAT members approached the vehicle and removed Brady. Medics on the scene pronounced him dead. Inside the truck, police say they found two rifles, a handgun, boxes of ammunition and several spent casings. None of the officers were injured in the exchange, and all three have been placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated."

Next, a video from Pasco CO, FL. Article:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-pasco/2341245

And, finally, a somewhat unique video from Sevier CO, TN. A Deputy has what appears to be a panic attack during an OIS and is briefly disarmed by a responding EMT. I feel really bad for the guy, but he did not handle this situation well. At all. I hope he maybe finds a home behind a desk somewhere, but he flipped his shit and probably shouldn't be in the field in this condition. The EMT's handled themselves well under the circumstances. That reaction, especially the breathing pattern, is classic panic attack symptomology. I worked EMS when I was younger and I would have been absolutely terrified in this situation. He flagged the hell out of the EMT's and the handcuffed suspect while he was freaking out. I'm not sure what would have more terrifying, the Deputy's reaction or my Paramedic partner grabbing a cop's gun and pointing it at me and our patient while screaming. This was a shit show all around.

"I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This is one that is the reason why I almost always drove around or by the place first before pulling in. Our 7 11s and similar convenience stores were robbed way too often to just pull into the lot to get something. Unfortunately most didn't have a location where you could drive around the whole store but at least drive by and see what is happening before pulling in the lot. 2 of our OIS were related to 7 11 robberies with one being for soda can deposits. I also always made it a point to get people from parking in the fire lane right out front when they ran in to grab just a quick purchase. I explained that robbers do the same thing as most thought it was no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The bystander on the left after shots fired... WTF? Have people become that inoculated?

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    The bystander on the left after shots fired... WTF? Have people become that inoculated?
    The average person has never been taught what do when people are shooting at each other, often times a person's natural curious nature overrides personal safety concerns.

Remember that in this type of situation, often it is not just the officer involved running on auto pilot but everyone watching. What happens to an untrained person when they go on auto pilot? Same thing that happens to a trained person, they react the way they were trained, either purposefully or naturally.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I was more interested in the fact that, during the robbery, the robber took the time out to separate out and return the phone and (purchased?) goods to the customer who was at the counter when he approached. That's some good manners...

We have QTs here. They’re the only CMs I go to. The parking lots are wide and you can park on the side and walk up. I always stop and look inside before going to the doors.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List