Page 86 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I'm not sure how to imbed LiveLeak videos, so I'll just post the link.

https://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=db1_1505622631

This seems to be a pretty clear suicide-by-cop case. He obviously wanted to be shot (and even says as much). It appears as though no one had access to Tasers, which is a shame (though it might not have made a difference in the end).

A single shot was fired, the subject died.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/poli...tech/610552468
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Whoops, double posted somehow.
    Last edited by Doug MacRay; 09-17-2017 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Double posted
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post
    I'm not sure how to imbed LiveLeak videos, so I'll just post the link.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=db1_1505622631

This seems to be a pretty clear suicide-by-cop case. He obviously wanted to be shot (and even says as much). It appears as though no one had access to Tasers, which is a shame (though it might not have made a difference in the end).

A single shot was fired, the subject died.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/poli...tech/610552468
    Suicide by cop is a very unfortunate situation all around.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I apologize for not responding sooner since I started the discussion about tac reloads taking the thread in a different direction. I was attending William Aprill's Unthinkable class yesterday and didn't get home until late so I didn't have time to reply appropriately. I will be starting a new thread regarding this issue as to keep the thoughts together and ask that the posts here be moved to the new thread to keep this one cleaner.

This is a couple years old, but I don't think it's bee posted yet. I like to use it in a couple classes I teach.

If I remember right, that officer came out of retirement to work in a DUI unit. He sounds calmer on the radio after getting shot then some of our officers sound checking out on lunch break.

The officer had serious injuries, including a broken leg, and I think a broken wrist.
    Last edited by TC215; 09-18-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Site Supporter
    Was he shooting a 1911? Makes me think that more rounds without having to reload is more important than some want to admit.

Yeah, it was a 1911.

He had some sort of malfunction after he reloaded...the broken wrist could have had something to do with it, but that's just speculation.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    This one is older - it was linked from the video posted above

Site Supporter
    TC215, he told the other officers that he thought his pistol had been struck by incoming fire. Did the investigation discount that? It would seem that might have caused a malfunction.

You're spot on about his calmness over the radio. The responding units also seemed pretty cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    TC215, he told the other officers that he thought his pistol had been struck by incoming fire. Did the investigation discount that? It would seem that might have caused a malfunction.

You're spot on about his calmness over the radio. The responding units also seemed pretty cool as well.
    I don't believe his pistol actually got hit. According to news reports, he was hit multiple times in the vest and broke his femur and wrist. I'm not sure if the magazine didn't get seated all the way during the reload or if the slide didn't go back into battery.

User Tag List