Page 76 of 374 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Good shoot.

Camera officer needs to hurry up and reload, yes there is stuff happening but reloading then getting back in the fight and/or getting to cover should be the two most important objectives.

TQ application, fantastically quick, I don't know what type of ankle pouch he has but it worked well (they always do) - biggest issue there is NO GLOVES. Always wear gloves, always.

Lots of cursing and screaming, to be expected and perfectly acceptable.
    Great view of exsanguinating extremity injury and well done on the tourniquet!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Good shoot.

Camera officer needs to hurry up and reload, yes there is stuff happening but reloading then getting back in the fight and/or getting to cover should be the two most important objectives.

TQ application, fantastically quick, I don't know what type of ankle pouch he has but it worked well (they always do) - biggest issue there is NO GLOVES. Always wear gloves, always.

Lots of cursing and screaming, to be expected and perfectly acceptable.
    That video has a lot of great learning points, and is a fantastic look at how quickly someone can bleed out.

Specific to the TQ application, you're right on about the gloves....take the time to do it. 2nd takeaway to do better next time would be to slow down and definitively locate the bleed.....maybe I missed it, but it seemed like he was sort of just guessing how high to put it. To mitigate the risk of missing the wound(s) in a high stress situation (there may be multiple and you might miss one, especially with secondary effect blast injuries), best practice is to place the TQ as high as possible on the injured limb. By making this our default response, we won't have to worry about missing a bleed.

Overall great job by the officers. While taking a breath to slow down would have been beneficial, that was great work and fantastic initiative on carrying the ankle kit. By happenstance I went through my trauma kits today to replace expired/deteriorating items, maybe this is a good reminder for us all to do the same as things tend to fall by the wayside but it might be our partner we're aiding in the next video that gets thrown up here.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-28-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That video has a lot of great learning points, and is a fantastic look at how quickly someone can bleed out.

Specific to the TQ application, you're right on about the gloves....take the time to do it. 2nd takeaway to do better next time would be to slow down and definitively locate the bleed.....maybe I missed it, but it seemed like he was sort of just guessing how high to put it. To mitigate the risk of missing the wound(s) in a high stress situation (there may be multiple and you might miss one, especially with secondary effect blast injuries), best practice is to place the TQ as high as possible on the injured limb. By making this our default response, we won't have to worry about missing a bleed.

Overall great job by the officers. While taking a breath to slow down would have been beneficial, that was great work and fantastic initiative on carrying the ankle kit. By happenstance I went through my trauma kits today to replace expired/deteriorating items, maybe this is a good reminder for us all to do the same as things tend to fall by the wayside but it might be our partner we're aiding in the next video that gets thrown up here.
    Yeah seems pretty good overall, once I looked into it turns out the partner of the camera officer was a fresh boot, 5 weeks out of the academy. There was a significantly lengthy pursuit prior to this OIS as well.

Boot did well, FTO did well yelling at the boot.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz13pGe6aWk&t=10s

I really, really like her shot cadence as she works to engage a partial target at felony car stop distances. This contrasts nicely with the video of the AR magazine dump by the panicked officer.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post

I really, really like her shot cadence as she works to engage a partial target at felony car stop distances. This contrasts nicely with the video of the AR magazine dump by the panicked officer.
    Very professionally handled.

In addition to John's comments, I was quite happy with her commands, her communication, looking for work throughout, getting cuffs in hand, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    In addition to John's comments, I was quite happy with her commands, her communication, looking for work throughout, getting cuffs in hand, etc.
    And if you pause at 5:14, one of the backup officers has his AR deployed and is still sporting his cowboy hat. The only way to make that better is if it had been something lever action instead of an AR.

(I'd take a still but Photobucket says f' you.)

And if you pause at 5:14, one of the backup officers has his AR deployed and is still sporting his cowboy hat. The only way to make that better is if it had been something lever action instead of an AR.

(I'd take a still but Photobucket says f' you.)
    Imgur...

And yeah that's pretty cool.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thanks for the imgur idea....

(Nice trigger finger)

Thoughtful comments like this are one reason I like this site so much.

I made the mistake of reading the YouTube comments, which were mostly facepalm specials along the lines of "look at her hands shake -- typical female". Arrgghh.

User Tag List