Page 57 of 374 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Stories like this give one hope that there's still good folks out there willing to take a stand at personal risk. Well done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Holy crap! That looked like deadly force was necessary. I am amazed a bunch of guys weren't shot.

From linked article:

"I'm thinking 'alright this is a deadly force situation, I'm going to have to get to my secondary backup weapon,'" Guild said. "At the same time, I'm losing consciousness."

I keep editing, but from a passerby perspective, would I be out of line just shooting a guy applying a choke to a cop? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 03-21-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Holy crap! That looked like deadly force was necessary. I am amazed a bunch of guys weren't shot.

From linked article:

"I'm thinking 'alright this is a deadly force situation, I'm going to have to get to my secondary backup weapon,'" Guild said. "At the same time, I'm losing consciousness."

I keep editing, but from a passerby perspective, would I be out of line just shooting a guy applying a choke to a cop? I don't think so.
    Out of line?

No. This is a perfect example of people needing shooting.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Vending Machine Operator
    Obviously jurisdictionally dependent and not to be construed in any possible way as legal advice, which my opinion here expressly is not: Most jurisdictions' defense-of-others statute is highly similar to self-defense and governed by reasonableness. As choking a peace officer can reasonably seen as force that threatens to kill or severely injure the officer, my drive-by analysis without knowing specific facts is that lethal force in defense of the officer in this case would have been lawful in most, if not all, jurisdictions.

A highly similar situation could have a different outcome depending on what the finder of fact sees as "reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post

From linked article:

Last edited by LockedBreech; 03-21-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Words are hard
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Obviously jurisdictionally dependent and not to be construed in any possible way as legal advice, which my opinion here expressly is not: Most jurisdictions' defense-of-others statute is highly similar to self-defense and governed by reasonableness. As choking a peace officer can reasonably seen as force that threatens to kill or severely injure the officer, my drive-by analysis without knowing specific facts is that lethal force in defense of the officer in this case would have been lawful in most, if not all, jurisdictions.

A highly similar situation could have a different outcome depending on what the finder of fact sees as "reasonable"
    Not a lawyer either, but I have a hard time seeing a GJ or jury convicting someone if they used lethal force to defend the LEO. You can clearly see the bike rider try to get the officers gun as his brother is taking him to the ground. Although in reality, using lethal force that close to an innocent (LEO) is harder than it looks. The way they are grappling, even a contact shot could end up bad. That LEO better thank his guardian angels, cause they put in some overtime on his behalf.

I wish we'd dump the FSA payments and go back to patrolling in pairs. Money much better spent. IMO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I'd also like to point out that most people are not doing very much logical thinking after they catch 2 rounds in their abdomen and pelvis...

His original decision to exit the vehicle in the way that he did was unwise, but I think it's a little silly to judge from your computer chair his communication with the officer after being shot.

Nephrology, you beat me to it. I'm not really sure WTF I'D be doing after getting shot, either!

"You got hit in the butt, kid".

Good shoot but he won't live that one down.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Is it weird that groin/pelvis shots scare me more than any other kind? I'll take a chest tube or a thoracotomy over bleeding out into my pelvis or having a nonfunctional reproductive system. People always seem to think ass shots are funny until they realize that bullet went through their gluts and shredded their prostate or permanently vasectomized them. Or even worse hit the testes/penis. SHUDDER I hope this guy is ok.
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post
    Is it weird that groin/pelvis shots scare me more than any other kind? I'll take a chest tube or a thoracotomy over bleeding out into my pelvis or having a nonfunctional reproductive system. People always seem to think ass shots are funny until they realize that bullet went through their gluts and shredded their prostate or permanently vasectomized them. Or even worse hit the testes/penis. SHUDDER I hope this guy is ok.
    What scares me about a shot to the pelvic/groin area is that it's significantly more challenging to treat outside a hospital. Lots of large blood vessels for which a TQ can't help.

ETA: what's the phrase on the Clinch Pick t-shirt? You can't tourniquet a taint?
    Last edited by El Cid; 03-23-2017 at 07:41 PM.

User Tag List