Page 52 of 374 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Unlikely that such an appeal would be successful here, since state law does not grant us the ability to defy policy. That said, the expense and stress on the officer, as well as the financial stress to the union, even in the event of a successful outcome, leads me to believe that most will choose the path of sticking with policy. My overall point is that this is the way more and more progressive jurisdictions want policing done. It is dangerous, will not accomplish their desired ends, and will result in injured or dead cops and citizens. And it absolutely is coming to a town near you. Those in leadership positions in our profession for the most part lack both the knowledge and the courage to stand up to this freight train. And from the standpoint of City Hall.....If the bad guy shoots the hostage, well.....No ones gonna riot about that, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Unlikely that such an appeal would be successful here, since state law does not grant us the ability to defy policy. That said, the expense and stress on the officer, as well as the financial stress to the union, even in the event of a successful outcome, leads me to believe that most will choose the path of sticking with policy. My overall point is that this is the way more and more progressive jurisdictions want policing done. It is dangerous, will not accomplish their desired ends, and will result in injured or dead cops and citizens. And it absolutely is coming to a town near you. Those in leadership positions in our profession for the most part lack both the knowledge and the courage to stand up to this freight train. And from the standpoint of City Hall.....If the bad guy shoots the hostage, well.....No ones gonna riot about that, are they?
    It is a long road, which definitely pushes some officers into the "I'm just here for the check" attitude. It is a constant struggle dealing policy and doing right by the public then coming home in one piece.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    One of our former commissioners spoke to our officers candidly about these new policies. He told them, "Hey, we're not changing the law here, and nothing we're doing takes away your legal right to self defense. We aren't talking about putting you in jail, we'll just suspend or fire you. That's all we're talking about!" He was then absolutely astounded when officers were upset with his Hobson's Choice. He could not understand how these policies would negatively affect decision making by officers and public safety. Total disconnect. And he is, sadly, not unique.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    This is a the new paradigm. In my town, many officers now wouldn't take action until the suspect shot the hostage.....Some not even then. Not surprising in the anti-police political climate we operate in, where an OIS is considered by City Hall and Hdqtrs as a defacto failure/crime on the part of the officer. Our policy encourages use of supersocks against subjects armed with firearms, when "feasible", and prohibits shooting at vehicles even if the driver is running down peds in a Nice, France type attack. Make stupid rules, don't be surprised when your cops play stupid games.

Though I'm now in Texas working towards my goal here, about once a week I still sit back and think about what a great privilege it would have been to be of service in that town/region in a different lifetime or universe.

LAPD shoot man wielding a large pipe in DTLA after responding to an altercation. According to the news, a taser was deployed and failed prior to the shooting. Note the ironic utterance from the person filming immediately prior to the shooting.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/04/man-armed...dtla-carls-jr/
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Am I the only person on God's green earth that hasn't made a cellphone video? (Let alone published one.)

I guess the narrator of the video doesn't know the difference between a "pipe" and a "stick" nor comprehend the damage one is capable of inflicting.

The moral outrage was a tad overdone imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post

LAPD shoot man wielding a large pipe in DTLA after responding to an altercation. According to the news, a taser was deployed and failed prior to the shooting. Note the ironic utterance from the person filming immediately prior to the shooting.

Why do these reporters always find the nearest individual with the lowest IQ to interview in an incident?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post

Looks like one of the officer's rounds caught him in the face, maybe the skull. Footage captures some agonal breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Am I the only person on God's green earth that hasn't made a cellphone video? (Let alone published one.)
    Nope, at least not on purpose. I have several videos of the inside of my pocket somehow.

"Those were fucking bullets" - Uhhh yep.

Notice the two walking across the street that didn't even flinch at the sound of gunfire, probably from south central...

Anyway, good shoot, don't listen to commands and carry a big stick means you'll meet mr. 9mm
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

So... how many of these events start off with a taser was deployed but had no effect?? What's the general success rate with the taser?? I understand that I'm looking at a biased thread.

User Tag List