Page 50 of 374 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I've said it before and I'll say it again, F U C K de-escalation.

He's got a gun in his hand and he's walking around, two taser deployments do not work and what happens next? Nearly worst case scenario.
    That is just painful to watch. I see this every day with co-workers, the indecisiveness to take the appropriate level of action. Thankfully the hostage and innocent bystanders were not harmed.

He's got a gun in his hand and he's walking around, two taser deployments do not work and what happens next? Nearly worst case scenario.

not an LEO, but I watch LIVE PD....at what point is lethal force warranted as he makes those moves towards the unknowing hostage? Coupled with the repeated "it doesn't have to be like this" and "what's your name?" It just appeared fruitless, but again I drive a fire truck to pay my mortgage I only ask due to curiosity.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    not an LEO, but I watch LIVE PD....at what point is lethal force warranted as he makes those moves towards the unknowing hostage? Coupled with the repeated "it doesn't have to be like this" and "what's your name?" It just appeared fruitless, but again I drive a fire truck to pay my mortgage I only ask due to curiosity.
    I don't know the backstory, but lethal force was likely justified before the video begins. You have a subject with weapon in hand. The officers saw his finger on the trigger. The subject refused to obey all commands. The subject moved from an isolated location to a location with other people. The subject could have fired at an officer or another person in less than a second - which would have made it extremely difficult for the officers to prevent.

The Police Center account has the following text associated with the video:
    The Fairbanks Police Department released bodycam and dashcam video involving the fatal shooting of James Robert Richards from last year. Prosecutors say no charges will be filed against the police because investigators found the officer's actions were an appropriate use of force given the circumstances. Police were initially called to the scene after James assaulted two residents and threatened them with a gun. When police arrived the suspect refused to drop his weapon and comply with orders, resulting in the shooting.
    Backstory strengthens my conclusion that lethal force was justified from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Kukuforguns; 02-27-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Yes, painful to watch. Once I've given clear commands without compliance and most certainly if I've had some type of acknowledgement that the commands were heard, a "yes,no,f-you." I'm looking for the best possible backstop. That could have gone soooo bad.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Do you get bonus points for dual wielding?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Do you get bonus points for dual wielding?
    2 Berettas? yes. An AR and a Taser? not sure about that.

Wow, that sucked. Except for the officer that finally nutted up and shot him. That video should have been a lot shorter.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

-1 for running around with an unslung AR, then -5 points for having a tazer in the offhand as well. Definitely a facepalm moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    -1 for running around with an unslung AR, then -5 points for having a tazer in the offhand as well. Definitely a facepalm moment.
    I was waiting for the off camera cruiser to hit ramming speed and take the guy out....i've seen it done in the past....
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Wait....Did those cops LET him take a fucking hostage?

I try to not be too judgemental, but come the fuck on.

Imagine if that was your family member waiting at the bus stop. Holy shit, the choice words I'd have for those motherfuckers.....
    Last edited by TGS; 02-27-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List