Page 5 of 374 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2uwbvD_Q4s

Officers confronting a robbery suspect. I don't know if it was deliberate, but the different angles of approach worked out well in the officers' favor. I find it interesting that things went bad once the second officer arrived, taking a WAG I think the bad guy was waiting for a more opportune moment to murder the first officer. It's a good reminder to keep stuff out of your gun hand. I don't think it's a good idea to threaten suspects with bodily harm anymore, unfortunate the use of certain "strong language" as a last resort to deadly force can be drawn way out of context by an over zealous prosecutor. I really loved the people in that came out of the store and placed themselves in the line of fire.
    Last edited by pablo; 09-14-2015 at 09:44 PM.

2009 Centenial Bridge Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    well, there are some dogs where this will never be an issue of course.... (beagles, golden retrievers, etc...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    There are no dogs where that's a guaranteed non-issue. Some idiot regularly beating his Goldie for fun is going to create a large unhappy dog. You simply cannot know the dog's background and what type of person may be attacked if it happens. Not saying it's going to happen all the time, but there's always a possibility for violence.
    He was never abused, but we had to put down my daughter's Basset hound for aggression issues. Later found out that the dam and that whole litter met similar fates.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

https://youtu.be/cN-c2HOT5pw

Found this in my tubing.

Some I have not seen before, some we've all seen.

What would you have done differently in which scenario? What would you suggest practicing/training for which scenario?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    I feel that a dog is the equivalent of setting a booby trap(which are illegal pretty much everywhere). Dogs are known for attacking children that wander onto someone's property to retrieve a ball. Dogs in general are loose cannons, and even the most highly trained ones can be unpredictable under stress......especially when they are not leashed by the owner. I have seen my share of mauled children over the years, and the owner has always insisted that their dog was sweet and loving.
    Um yeah...

For a guy going by the name Symmetry you are quite unbalanced.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Last edited by voodoo_man; 10-13-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Sounds just like LEO's I've worked with over the years who are either irrationally afraid of dogs, or just itching to use their sidearm. There are times when the appropriate response is to shoot a dog. But most situations don't require it in my experience. I'd recommend you spend more time learning about them rather than casting them all as "unpredictable" and "booby traps." Unless it's a group of attacking dogs, a single animal can usually be dealt with without resorting to deadly force.
    I've been in that situation, being one on one with a pitbull (technically 2 on 1, it was also attacking my Rott), and you're full of shit. I broke the animal's jaw, and it still didn't give up until it felt like it was done......and it certainly wasn't by our doing. My rott got some really good bites in on that animal, too.

I will have zero fucking hesitation about putting down a dog that is attacking a person.....including my own goddamned animal. Instead of passing off judgement on other people for not wanting to subject their life and limb to grievous bodily harm, how about you shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-13-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I've been in that situation, being one on one with a pitbull (technically 2 on 1, it was also attacking my Rott), and you're full of shit. I broke the animal's jaw, and it still didn't give up until it felt like it was done......and it certainly wasn't by our doing. My rott got some really good bites in on that animal, too.

I will have zero fucking hesitation about putting down a dog that is attacking a person.....including my own goddamned animal. Instead of passing off judgement on other people for not wanting to subject their life and limb to grievous bodily harm, how about you shut the fuck up.
    And the adult post of the day award goes to...

Toughen up chief. You're awfully thin skinned. I said there are times when it's necessary and appropriate. But people who refer to dogs as "booby traps" are the ones who need to zip it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    And the adult post of the day award goes to...

Toughen up chief. You're awfully thin skinned. I said there are times when it's necessary and appropriate. But people who refer to dogs as "booby traps" are the ones who need to zip it.
    Get in a fight with a single dog and then get back to me and make that qualification that single animals don't need lethal force.

That's probably the outright most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Get in a fight with a single dog and then get back to me and make that qualification that single animals don't need lethal force.

That's probably the outright most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum.
    Lmao! I said "usually." Seems you were sufficiently traumatized that a professional counselor could be useful. Good luck with your anger issues.

I'm done with this "debate". Apologies for thread drift to the OP.
    Last edited by El Cid; 10-13-2015 at 08:34 PM.

User Tag List