Page 40 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Never fall for this type of bullshit. BG can hurt in jail or the hospital at the moment you control that MF'er.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Tough to talk on the radio when shot in the mouth, too. I hate to MMQB, but cops just get too close too fast too often. If it's serious enough to have your gun out, it's serious enough to wait for fucking backup behind cover! So he takes off! So the fuck what!?! Two subjects, dangerous enough to have your gun in hand, non-compliant and distracting? And you put your gun away and reach for his keys?!?!?! Cops have an almost pathological need to close and put hands on people when they shouldn't, 'cause 'close' equals 'control'. He even said it! "This is how I control you"! Guess not.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    So re-reading my last post , it sounds a bit callous, which wasn't the intent. This stuff just enrages me, when good guys give up their advantages to bad guys, and give them the upper hand with tragic results. I was talking to my team last night about the "illusion of control" that cops fall into. We're trained to "control" situations, "control" suspects, etc. But the reality is we can only control ourselves and our actions. Absent physically overpowering someone, we can only convince someone to comply, and that's their decision. That need, that belief we can "control" the bad guy leads to a lot of risk taking and bad decisions when it isn't necessary. Yes, LE is a contact sport, and eventually we need to go hands on, but too often that choice is made too soon, and to the advantage of the suspect. We end up reacting to their actions or non-compliance, and give up the only control we really have.....of ourselves. Anyway, my 2 cents. Too Zen?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    So re-reading my last post , it sounds a bit callous, which wasn't the intent. This stuff just enrages me, when good guys give up their advantages to bad guys, and give them the upper hand with tragic results. I was talking to my team last night about the "illusion of control" that cops fall into. We're trained to "control" situations, "control" suspects, etc. But the reality is we can only control ourselves and our actions. Absent physically overpowering someone, we can only convince someone to comply, and that's their decision. That need, that belief we can "control" the bad guy leads to a lot of risk taking and bad decisions when it isn't necessary. Yes, LE is a contact sport, and eventually we need to go hands on, but too often that choice is made too soon, and to the advantage of the suspect. We end up reacting to their actions or non-compliance, and give up the only control we really have.....of ourselves. Anyway, my 2 cents. Too Zen?
    I think we can control must situations pretty easily. It just requires a level of force that most cops, and administrations, are no longer comfortable with. Completely agree with your comments about trying to do stuff when it's best to wait for backup. I'm talking about the mindset and public and administration BS that has killed the concept that some people really need a serious use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I think we can control must situations pretty easily. It just requires a level of force that most cops, and administrations, are no longer comfortable with. Completely agree with your comments about trying to do stuff when it's best to wait for backup. I'm talking about the mindset and public and administration BS that has killed the concept that some people really need a serious use of force.
    And we frequently don't use SUFFICIENT force QUICKLY enough. Instead, we hesitate, talk when we should act, give the BG time to think/act/take advantage of us, or use a lower level of force than is lawful or necessary, and the situation spins out of control.
    How many times have we seen officers repeat the same command over and over when he or she could lawfully stop the BG's actions and the BG continues maintain control of the situation? Or go hands on/use a Taser/use a baton when it's clearly a lethal force situation? And then the officer of public are hurt or killed.
    I'm all for de-escalation when appropriate; but when it's time to talk then talk... When it's time to act then act. And do it quickly, decisively and keep going until the BG has decided to submit or no longer has a choice.
    Last edited by iWander; 11-19-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Good slow approach, would have preferred a more deliberate clearing of all corners as he got closer. Good discharge.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Not sure how to embed a video from FB exactly, but here goes:

https://www.facebook.com/ABC10News/v...1187389923740/
    Last edited by rojocorsa; 11-21-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Good dog! Great deployment.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Good dog! Great deployment.
    MR. KIBBLES IS NOT PLEASED BY YOUR ACTIONS
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Good slow approach, would have preferred a more deliberate clearing of all corners as he got closer. Good discharge.
    Perp: "It fucking hurts!"

EMT: "Yeah, yeah..."

Last edited by Peally; 11-21-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List