Page 4 of 374 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Light Sound Diversionary Device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want flash/bangs to.

#dogslivesmater

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 09-13-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Videos like the one with 2 dogs always depress me. There was so much fail in that video. There's a guy lying on the ground who could use some first aid. No one offers. Every human there outweighed each of those dogs by double and no one took a dog to the ground. We can speak and I saw no evidence of a coordinated response. As pointed out earlier, the only force multiplier was a chain used ineffectively (that and a hose). It was surprising to me that the dogs only wanted to hurt one human. They'd go around other humans who pulled them to get back to the one guy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He's down on the ground he's prey and he's already been attacked. They're going to try to go back.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    He's down on the ground he's prey and he's already been attacked. They're going to try to go back.
    That's what I concluded after thinking about it. Predators instinctually go after the weakest member of a pack. The injured man was now the weakest member. The predator in the dog took control.

One thing we always tell new handlers and we'll demonstrate it with his dog in a muzzle is don't hit the door pop if you're on the ground with someone on top of you. Your dog will go for the person on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Here's one that's tougher to call. By what's been going on lately this would probably not be a good shooting in most jurisdictions. It's a good shooting in the sense that the was justified in using force, but the officer going into the house probably wouldn't pass muster. The subject had been in a car crash and fled to the house, I never have been able to find out if he was on drugs and/or had a head injury. When the officer arrived it was reported that the subject was threatening to harm himself with a knife. IMO that should have been treated as a BP, if the suspect wants to come outside of the house with knives, that's one thing. Tactically there's no good reason to be in that house without cover. With the kind of scrutiny that officers are under now days, there's not many good reasons to go in a house to confront a suicidal subject armed with a knife.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnOBfCmled8

Here's one that's tougher to call. By what's been going on lately this would probably not be a good shooting in most jurisdictions. It's a good shooting in the sense that the was justified in using force, but the officer going into the house probably wouldn't pass muster. The subject had been in a car crash and fled to the house, I never have been able to find out if he was on drugs and/or had a head injury. When the officer arrived it was reported that the subject was threatening to harm himself with a knife. IMO that should have been treated as a BP, if the suspect wants to come outside of the house with knives, that's one thing. Tactically there's no good reason to be in that house without cover. With the kind of scrutiny that officers are under now days, there's not many good reasons to go in a house to confront a suicidal subject armed with a knife.
    What is everyone's opinion re: the use of less than lethal options in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    well, there are some dogs where this will never be an issue of course.... (beagles, golden retrievers, etc...)
    There are no dogs where that's a guaranteed non-issue. Some idiot regularly beating his Goldie for fun is going to create a large unhappy dog. You simply cannot know the dog's background and what type of person may be attacked if it happens. Not saying it's going to happen all the time, but there's always a possibility for violence.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Seems like a reasoned response. Interesting how the tasers in the back locked him up.
    More muscle mass in the back/less fat.

Before you click the link, the video is safe for work, the ads on liveleak may be NSFW.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d84_1442271250

Denver police shooting. Given the amount of children present, this is basically active shooter response.

User Tag List