Page 344 of 374 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Mark Jaggers Sr., Jaggers' father, said following the shooting that he doesn't believe his son was trying to carjack the officers and that he didn't know anyone was inside the car. "That car was sitting here for three hours. ...My son thought it was a dumped car," Jaggers Sr. said.
    Since the younger Jaggers was deceased after the incident, I'm guessing the two had a conversation concerning the vehicle prior to the incident...as "concerned citizens", I'm sure.

"I know it's still illegal, I know. But it's not worth getting shot over."
    And if you'd been a better father...no, make that just any type of father at all...you would have told your son that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Since the younger Jaggers was deceased after the incident, I'm guessing the two had a conversation concerning the vehicle prior to the incident...as "concerned citizens", I'm sure.

And if you'd been a better father...no, make that just any type of father at all...you would have told your son that.
    Doesn’t everybody put on a mask and have a pistol in hand when checking out an abandoned car?

Also, from a personal experience, I bet that officer gets compulsive about locking his car doors.

And for cross-thread points I thought he did an awesome job of assessing the situation and turning the violence on and off as the situation developed.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-29-2023 at 06:51 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Doesn’t everybody put on a mask and have a pistol in hand when checking out an abandoned car?

Also, from a personal experience, I bet that officer gets compulsive about locking his car doors.

And for cross-thread points I thought he did an awesome job of assessing the situation and turning the violence on and off as the situation developed.
    Yea I don’t think it was his first rodeo. Solid work and calm demeanor from start to finish.

The Jaggers appear to be the poster children for dysfunction.

Site Supporter

Long Beach Officer Shoots Man Who Stabbed People With Screwdriver

Long Beach, California — On May 30, 2023, at approximately 11:56 a.m., officers were dispatched to the area of Livingston Drive and Park Avenue regarding a report of a stabbing. Police Dispatch received numerous calls for service, with calling parties describing a male adult suspect, armed with a knife, actively assaulting and stabbing people. Officers arrived within five minutes of the initial call for service. Upon arrival, they located the suspect, identified as 31-year-old Mario Najara, experiencing homelessness. Najara was armed with a screwdriver. Officers attempted to de-escalate the situation; however, Najara began walking away from them. Officers continued to talk with Najara in an attempt to get him to drop the weapon, however, he then attempted to enter a residential property, at which point the officer-involved shooting occurred. Najara sustained a gunshot wound to the upper body. Officers rendered medical aid until the arrival of the Long Beach Fire Department, who transported Najara to a local hospital in stable condition.

The preliminary investigation indicates Najara was involved in three separate incidents prior to officers’ arrival.

— Najara physically assaulted a female adult and a male adult victim in the area of Park Avenue and Livingston Drive. Both victims were treated at the scene by Long Beach Fire for lacerations.
    — Najara continued walking into Livingston Park and approached a male adult victim holding a child. The suspect assaulted the adult causing the adult and child to both fall to the ground. While the adult victim was on the ground, Najara stabbed him multiple times in the lower body. Both the adult and child were treated at the scene by Long Beach Fire.
    — Najara continued walking towards 2nd Street where he encountered an additional male adult victim. He stabbed the victim in the upper body. This victim was transported to a local hospital by Long Beach Fire for a non-life-threatening injury.

Officers later learned the suspect was armed with a screwdriver; it was recovered at the scene of the officer-involved shooting. Najara has been charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury, and one count each of attempted murder, robbery and resisting, delaying or obstructing a peace officer. Bail has been set at $1,000,000. The stabbing victims, meanwhile, all sustained non-life-threatening injures.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    All my co-workers (and me) have had the same response after watching that:

“Damn, I need to go for a run.”
    Rule 1: Cardio.

This video also renewed my hate for trunked radio systems. The officer was apparently the only one in a position to give meaningful info, and he kept getting the boop of death on his radio.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter

Intense Bodycam Footage Shows Police Shootout With Suspect Following a Pursuit

Las Cruces, New Mexico — On Wednesday, June 21, 2023, about 11:00 a.m., , Las Cruces police became aware of a pursuit involving New Mexico State Police and a white sport utility vehicle driven by 47-year-old Bobby Charles Crawford. Police learned Crawford had warrants for his arrest and was failing to stop for NMSP officers. The warrants for Crawford’s arrest were for violating terms of his probation and other felony crimes. Las Cruces Police assisted NMSP in the pursuit which ended with a PIT, a Precision Immobilization Technique, near the intersection of Holman Road and Arroyo Road. Preliminary information from the investigation indicates that Crawford discharged multiple rounds at responding officers. Some of the rounds fired by Crawford entered the front, passenger-side, window of one of the marked police units.

Other rounds fired by Crawford entered through the windshield of a second officer’s marked unit. Both officers narrowly missed being struck by gunfire. Both officers received relatively minor injuries from glass shrapnel. In response to Crawford’s actions, three Las Cruces Police Department officers discharged their service weapons. Crawford was struck by at least one round. Crawford failed to comply with commands given by police until shortly before noon when he exited the SUV. After exiting the SUV and being detained, Crawford was provided first aid before he was airlifted to University Medical Center. Police recovered a weapon Crawford used. No major injuries were reported by the officers. Crawford is incarcerated in El Paso and waiting extradition to New Mexico where he is charged with two felony counts of attempted murder and three counts of aggravated assault on a peace officer. He also faces one count each of aggravated fleeing, possession of a firearm by a felon, and shooting at or from a motor vehicle.

Anyone able to see an obvious cause to the third officer’s malfunctions while shooting from the car? Good video showing the realities of shooting from a vehicle and thru the automobile barrier. Glad to hear the NM officers went home safe, minus the glass shards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullybones View Post
    Anyone able to see an obvious cause to the third officer’s malfunctions while shooting from the car? Good video showing the realities of shooting from a vehicle and thru the automobile barrier. Glad to hear the NM officers went home safe, minus the glass shards.
    Operator error. His grip is engaging some part of the ambi slide lock lever and causing the slide to lock back with rounds remaining in the mag.

I’ve experienced it, seen it in person and seen it in two other OIS videos.

Usually only happens when shooting at a predictive pace.

IME modifying the shooters grip and/or making the grip “grippier” can mitigate the issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Operator error. His grip is engaging some part of the ambi slide lock lever and causing the slide to lock back with rounds remaining in the mag.

IME modifying the shooters grip and/or making the grip “grippier” can mitigate the issue.

When you say the grip “grippier”, do you mean something like grip tape?

I’m not a fan of ambi controls, but I understand why the make sense for both a gun company and large institutional users.

Another thing to learn from the video is to remember where your muzzle is. Maybe it was just the optics of the video, but it looked like he had his hand it front of his pistol. High stress and crazy events can cause slip ups among the best of us, and I’m not saying I wouldn’t have done the same thing, but still, it’s something to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

When you slow down the video it looks like his hands/gun jump forward from his vehicle impacting the bad guys at slow speed. It looks like he never put the car in park and when it rolled forward his gun hit the windshield causing the first malfunction. After that he double racks and the gun fires but jams again, the ambi-slide lock might be causing it.

User Tag List