Page 331 of 373 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sgt appears to be wearing his duty gun in a chest mounted holster which is a bit unusual. Duty gun is a Glock with Holosun optic.

I’ve worked with guys who keep their BUG (G26/27) in a chest mounted MOLLE ALS.

More importantly is the dog ok?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’ve worked with guys who keep their BUG (G26/27) in a chest mounted MOLLE ALS.

More importantly is the dog ok?
    Yes but that’s not a BUG ..

Buttercup knew when it was time to GTFO.

Yes but that’s not a BUG ..

Buttercup knew when it was time to GTFO.
    I know guys that run a chest mounted holster for a couple niche applications. But watching the video, is that not his taser that’s chest mounted?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    I know guys that run a chest mounted holster for a couple niche applications. But watching the video, is that not his taser that’s chest mounted?
    Nope. You can see the grip and then its absence when he draws the pistol. Plus you can see the “Cheeto dust Guard”

Nope. You can see the grip and then its absence when he draws the pistol. Plus you can see the “Cheeto dust Guard”
    If you’re talking about the stuff that happens around 8:10/8:15 ish, the black object in the bottom center of the left side camera, that’s definitely a taser. He draws it out, tazes the guy, you can see the wires, then holsters it and draws his gun a few seconds later. It’s a blade tech Serpa holster for the Taser, and an X2 I believe.

Interestingly, my agency went from black tasers to yellow, and we are now required to carry the taser on the support side, set up for a left-hand draw even if on the vest. We’ve had a couple of taser/gun mixups over the last decade or so, so that’s the answer they came up with.

Yeah, that’s a Taser. You can see the green doors fly off the cartridge when he fires it, and then he holsters very quickly at 8:20 before drawing the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Yeah, that’s a Taser. You can see the green doors fly off the cartridge when he fires it, and then he holsters very quickly at 8:20 before drawing the pistol.
    I default to chucking my taser after I’m done with it, or going to a dump pouch. It’s interesting that he perceived lethal force was needed, but he took the time to re-holster the taser first. He was quick about it at least.

Reno PD OIS from early January. One RPD Sgt injured, one suspect injured, one suspect dead. Note the lack of a needed tourniquet, and three armed citizens from the apartments providing overwatch (probably wrong term) to the officers after the shooting but before additional LEO arrived. Officer 2 seems to have done well getting the word out that bad guys were down and armed citizens were present so there were no extra good guys shot. Other sources say that the leg wounds to the Sgt were severe and will need lots of rehab. No open source word on the other hits to the Sgt.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Reno PD OIS from early January. One RPD Sgt injured, one suspect injured, one suspect dead. Note the lack of a needed tourniquet, and three armed citizens from the apartments providing overwatch (probably wrong term) to the officers after the shooting but before additional LEO arrived. Officer 2 seems to have done well getting the word out that bad guys were down and armed citizens were present so there were no extra good guys shot. Other sources say that the leg wounds to the Sgt were severe and will need lots of rehab. No open source word on the other hits to the Sgt.

That was a crazy scene. Good on the officers for prevailing against two rifle wielding bad guys. That could have gone a lot differently.

Yeah. I have to look at again for more details but I don't think the Sgt got any shots off until he had already been hit at least 3 times?

User Tag List