Page 326 of 373 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3730

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Haha. Rule #1 is when you take down a TQ applied in the field (which you should always do at some point as part of assessment), DO IT SLOWLY, or else you look like those idiots
    I think Fire told them PD put it on so they discounted it. The guy who put it on was a flight paramedic for a long time and was still a certified paramedic. He saved several people that I know of with his early treatments.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    That looks like maybe a SIG red-dot?

Riverside County, California — On Saturday, November 12, 2022, about 3:30 PM, a deputy from the Cabazon Sheriff’s Station conducted a traffic enforcement stop of a male suspect on Carmen Avenue west of Rafael Street in Cabazon. The suspect, 38-year-old Wallis Kenneth Scott, was riding a bicycle on the wrong side of the street and known to have a felony arrest warrant for a violation of parole. Scott was uncooperative with the deputy and attempted to flee the scene on his bicycle. The deputy tried to detain Scott, but Scott removed a large knife from his pocket and a deputy involved shooting occurred. Scott was shot and fell to the ground. After Scott was shot, the deputy rendered aid and medical personnel were called. Paramedics from Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department arrived at the location and pronounced Scott deceased at the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That looks like maybe a SIG red-dot?

Looks like maybe the Romeo Zero on a 320.

I liked the bicycle PIT.

Is it normal to deploy a baton when you suspect the person has weapon (ie knive, club, gun, etc)?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Looks like maybe the Romeo Zero on a 320.
    That is a Romeo1PRO with shroud on a 320.

The Romeo Zero is a micro / RMS-c footprint optic.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-28-2022 at 10:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Is it normal to deploy a baton when you suspect the person has weapon (ie knive, club, gun, etc)?
    Context dependent. In this case suspect claimed to have a weapon but the officers had not seen it at that point and there was a second Officer available to provide lethal cover.

Not the first time I’ve seen shots fired one handed due to retaining bless lethal tools. It’s easy to pick on in the video, but I can be surprisingly hard to train people out of.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-28-2022 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That is a Romeo1PRO with shroud on a 320.

The Romeo Zero is a micro / RMS-c footprint optic.
    You’re right. Good catch!

I don’t use sig optics so totally got them mixed up.

I didn’t think many people were using sig optics for duty use. Haven’t heard many good things about the battery life among other things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    You’re right. Good catch!

I don’t use sig optics so totally got them mixed up.

I didn’t think many people were using sig optics for duty use. Haven’t heard many good things about the battery life among other things.
    The Sig Romeo1PRO on the 320 is the most prolific issued red pistol system in the United States. It’s currently issued to about 15,000 personnel in USICE, as well as the Delaware State Police and now the Massachusetts state police.

As an optional personally owned duty gun, it’s somewhere in the top three along with Glocks with Trijicon Optics and Glocks with Holosun Optics.

It’s pretty simple, cops, and law enforcement agencies don’t like playing Legos. They like to buy a complete system. An Officer can walk into a store and walk out with a 320 with a factory mounted SIG optic. Same for agencies. This is nothing new. In the early days of optics on carbines, EO Tech outsold Aimpoint by a considerable margin for the simple reason that the EO Tech had built in mount vs the early Aimpoints which required buying an optic, buying a 30mm mount and properly mounting / leveling the optic.

Plus the SIG factory optics mount directly to the SIG guns without any sort of plate interface. They also use significantly larger screws at a higher torque values than most of their competitors. As you were likely aware, with slide mounted optics, the optic mount is half the battle with regard to the durability and longevity of the optic. i’ve never seen or heard of a factory, mounted or otherwise properly mounted sig optic on a SIG 320 having a mount issue.

Not sure where you’re getting the battery life thing. The Romeo1PRO has a shake awake system and a 50,000 hour battery life with shake awake. I’ve only seen two optics out of several hundred that have had issues with the shake awake feature.

One potential operator error issue is if the battery cap is not properly torqued to 10 inch pounds the battery cap may come loose under recoil. If the battery kappas a 10 inch pounds that doesn’t happen.

The only real negatives to the Romeo1PRO have been the maximum brightness could be better in bright sunlight, and their durability, with regard to impacts and crush forces. This is not a surprise as the Romeo1pro is essentially a clone of the loophole DeltaPoint, which has similar fragility issues.

The new Romeo2 optic while not a true enclosed emitter, does address both the brightness issue, and the fragility issue of the Romeo1PRO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Haha. Rule #1 is when you take down a TQ applied in the field (which you should always do at some point as part of assessment), DO IT SLOWLY, or else you look like those idiots
    ED Docs and RNs are pretty aware of TQs these days, I've not had one hastily removed that I or the cops have placed.

Which is more than I can say for restraints, Lucas (CPR) device, CPAP, multiple splints including a traction splint, and ( damn I'm old) MAST pants.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

User Tag List