Page 325 of 374 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3731

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Woman shot by deputies in Baldwin County GA after she attacked a deputy with a hammer during burglary investigations

Appears she broke into the church, tried to hit the deputy in the head with a hammer, he blocked it with his arm and she tried to hit him in the head again before being shot.
    Not sure how this would apply to LE in field but that officer spends a lot of time asking the suspect where she was shot and pullin her pants up and down. Not a very good use of time. Generally better to ask teh question while you're shearing clothes and looking yourself. I don't think i've ever heard a patient say anything clinically useful in a trauma alert/activation. I mostly talk at them, not with them.

TQ was done right. Lower thoracic GSW should be manually packed with sterile gauze or just left alone unless possible to apply continuous pressure which seems less likely in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not sure how this would apply to LE in field but that officer spends a lot of time asking the suspect where she was shot and pullin her pants up and down.
    I was really surprised they did not cuff her or in some way make sure she was unarmed and more 'secured.' I kept waiting for her to produce another weapon while he was standing over her.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I was really surprised they did not cuff her or in some way make sure she was unarmed and more 'secured.' I kept waiting for her to produce another weapon while he was standing over her.
    Yeah I didn't even think about that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not sure how this would apply to LE in field but that officer spends a lot of time asking the suspect where she was shot and pullin her pants up and down. Not a very good use of time. Generally better to ask teh question while you're shearing clothes and looking yourself. I don't think i've ever heard a patient say anything clinically useful in a trauma alert/activation. I mostly talk at them, not with them.

TQ was done right. Lower thoracic GSW should be manually packed with sterile gauze or just left alone unless possible to apply continuous pressure which seems less likely in this scenario.
    I carried shears for just that reason mostly for checking dog bites but it worked well for other traumas. Sometimes a dog bite clips an artery and it’s good to know that. I’d usually have clothing removed before paramedics arrived and a temporary gauze pack on it.

One time one of my partner’s dog bit a guy on the arm and it was spurting blood. We put a TQ on it and told fire he had a good bleed going. I was told at the ER they poo poo’d it and took the TQ off resulting in a lot of blood spurting in the room before they got it controlled.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Our SOP was all suspects got cuffed after a shooting unless it was an obvious DRT but I’ve seen them get cuffed too. Handcuffs are easy to apply and easy to take off. I was waiting for her to do something stupid. When the Officer walked off to turn on the lights and left her alone I was saying WTF don’t leave her alone!

Woman shot by deputies in Baldwin County GA after she attacked a deputy with a hammer during burglary investigations

Appears she broke into the church, tried to hit the deputy in the head with a hammer, he blocked it with his arm and she tried to hit him in the head again before being shot.
    The use of a K9 most likely prevents that shooting. I’m guessing a rural county where a K9 has to be called out or they have to use another agencies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    The use of a K9 most likely prevents that shooting. I’m guessing a rural county where a K9 has to be called out or they have to use another agencies.
    Yes.

Did I miss here or prior to the shooting? Did they find the suspects criminal booking sheet from a prior arrest laying on the table in the front room?

Yes.

Did I miss here or prior to the shooting? Did they find the suspects criminal booking sheet from a prior arrest laying on the table in the front room?
    Was that when they were looking at the table just before the shooting? I didn’t catch what it was.

Site Supporter
    Was that when they were looking at the table just before the shooting? I didn’t catch what it was.
    I think so.

I carried shears for just that reason mostly for checking dog bites but it worked well for other traumas. Sometimes a dog bite clips an artery and it’s good to know that. I’d usually have clothing removed before paramedics arrived and a temporary gauze pack on it.

One time one of my partner’s dog bit a guy on the arm and it was spurting blood. We put a TQ on it and told fire he had a good bleed going. I was told at the ER they poo poo’d it and took the TQ off resulting in a lot of blood spurting in the room before they got it controlled.
    Haha. Rule #1 is when you take down a TQ applied in the field (which you should always do at some point as part of assessment), DO IT SLOWLY, or else you look like those idiots

User Tag List