Page 319 of 374 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    It was also not the vehicle he believed previously fled from him...whoops
    Do you have a source for that?

I'm not seeing that in public sources.

The SA Current made a claim the officer was not actually struck by the door and then walked it back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The SA Current made a claim the officer was not actually struck by the door and then walked it back.

https://www.kens5.com/amp/article/ne...3-dd4b6634b111

He said officers didn't find any guns on Cantu or in the car he was driving. He added that neither Cantu nor the car he was driving had anything to do with the disturbance call Brennand was responding to on Sunday night
    This is from Chief McManus.

I misread, I thought the part about it not being involved was in reference to the vehicle that fled the night before. It was actually in reference to the disturbance call the officer was on when the ois took place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I misread, I thought the part about it not being involved was in reference to the vehicle that fled the night before. It was actually in reference to the disturbance call the officer was on when the ois took place.

@fixer - you are making the same error utm made.

Cantu's car was not related to the disturbance call at the McDonalds on Sunday.

However, Cantu's car WAS the vehicle the officer tried to stop PREVIOUSLY on Saturday as a potential stolen vehicle because the license plates on the vehicle did match the vehicle. On the prior occasion Cantu fled and due to department policy the officer was unable to pursue because it was not a violent crime. Thus when the officer saw Cantu's car parked at McDonalds while responding to the disturbance call Sunday he tried to detain Cantu while the vehicle was parked .

So Cantu was a valid suspect who had fled from police in that vehicle the day before.

My points being 1) that while shooting was not appropriate, the driver was not "Innocent" either; 2) spotting a felony suspect who previously got away while on a lower priority call is good proactive police work which is what I want my local PD doing

Site Supporter

However, Cantu's car WAS the vehicle the officer tried to stop PREVIOUSLY on Saturday as a potential stolen vehicle because the license plates on the vehicle did match the vehicle. On the prior occasion Cantu fled and due to department policy the officer was unable to pursue because it was not a violent crime. Thus when the officer saw Cantu's car parked at McDonalds while responding to the disturbance call Sunday he tried to detain Cantu while the vehicle was parked .

So Cantu was a valid suspect who had fled from police in that vehicle the day before.

My points being 1) that while shooting was not appropriate, the driver was not "Innocent" either; 2) spotting a felony suspect who previously got away while on a lower priority call is good proactive police work which is what I want my local PD doing
    Thanks for the correction

Site Supporter
    Lyon County NV. Note one officer has an RMR equipped Glock and appears to have a self induced premature slide lock malfunction.

Name:  9B89D699-EB37-49DD-92FA-786EA51C2B97.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  28.4 KB

Site Supporter

Local news report on the stolen car issue. Looks like a stolen plate may have been the issue.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...tolen-it-wasnt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Local news report on the stolen car issue. Looks like a stolen plate may have been the issue.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...tolen-it-wasnt
    Correct. As I said

However, Cantu's car WAS the vehicle the officer tried to stop PREVIOUSLY on Saturday as a potential stolen vehicle because the license plates on the vehicle did match the vehicle.
    The fact that the car itself was not stolen doesn’t necessarily equal innocent. It is a reasonable presumption that a car being driven with license plates belonging to a different vehicle is either stolen, being used for criminal activity (to hinder identification) or the victim of a license plate theft/swap.

https://youtu.be/LAQCc07kZbo

Officer shot by a handcuffed suspect after letting her enter her home to take care of her dogs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    https://youtu.be/LAQCc07kZbo

Officer shot by a handcuffed suspect after letting her enter her home to take care of her dogs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

User Tag List