Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter

Well this is interesting.

Stop, drop, and roll.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Problematic shooting in Orlando.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-brother.html

Chilling moment Florida cop shoots dead gunman - despite the fact that he handed over his firearm to a fellow deputy: Fatal incident happened just moments after a third man killed the suspect's 21-year-old brother

Body camera video released by the Orange County Sheriff’s Friday shows the moments leading up to a man being fatally shot by a deputy earlier this month
    The incident transpired Saturday August 6 outside the Heritage Hotel in Orlando
    According to the department, the brother who had been downed when the deputy arrived on the scene, Dylan Jimenez, had been involved in a gun battle
    The shootout left Jimenez slumped on a car, bleeding out in the hotel parking lot - spurring his brother, 28-year-old Bryan Richardson, to dash to the scene
    Video released by the Orange County Sheriff's Department Friday show the immediate aftermath of that incident, as onlookers crowded around Jimenez
    However, seemingly unbeknownst to the deputy, just outside the crowd of bystanders surrounding the dying man stood Richardson, with a gun at his side
    In the footage, Richardson does not appear violent and even gives up the gun to the cop with his other arm outstretched toward the deputy
    Despite this, he is unloaded on by the officer, shot eight times before collapsing

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    I watched this one yesterday and found it impressive. The car could have been an old lady asking for directions, but he was smart enough to be on his guard and switch gears in case it wasn't. I think he must have paid attention in training, because he reacts automatically and then later on you can hear the human stress/shock reactions having a delayed onset.

Once again we see the failure to drop what you're holding kick in, as he doesn't drop the license and registration, but that's a small critique in a fast situation. Great work by that officer.

As for the one HCM posted, freaking yikes. I don't Monday morning quarterback as a policy but that's a hard one to see the sense in.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I watched this one yesterday and found it impressive. The car could have been an old lady asking for directions, but he was smart enough to be on his guard and switch gears in case it wasn't. I think he must have paid attention in training, because he reacts automatically and then later on you can hear the human stress/shock reactions having a delayed onset.

Once again we see the failure to drop what you're holding kick in, as he doesn't drop the license and registration, but that's a small critique in a fast situation. Great work by that officer.

As for the one HCM posted, freaking yikes. I don't Monday morning quarterback as a policy but that's a hard one to see the sense in.
    We’ve talked about not having guns in your hands when uniformed LE arrives on scene however this may be a problem:

According to the statement, the first deputy on the scene, the deputy's female partner, gave Richardson consent to do so and knew he was armed with a gun.
    Family attorneys are not always accurate sources but if true it’s a problem. Did the first deputy not tell her partner that there was an armed citizen on scene who she had already made contact with and allowed to remain armed?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Family attorneys are not always accurate sources but if true it’s a problem.
    Neither is the Daily Mail.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Vending Machine Operator
    Fair points regarding the sources. Time to let the process play out I suppose. I just know the media always takes the most "evil cop" angle they can these days and trying to get ahead of that narrative and learn the facts can be helpful.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Fair points regarding the sources. Time to let the process play out I suppose. I just know the media always takes the most "evil cop" angle they can these days and trying to get ahead of that narrative and learn the facts can be helpful.
    The Sheriff's summary of events in the video is that an armed man didn't comply and got shot. That seems wildly incomplete at best, if we're talking about dishonest sources.

I do find it hard to believe a Deputy would have allowed someone to stand there with a gun, though.

Donovan Lewis shooting:

User Tag List