Page 308 of 374 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Many years ago, we experimented with a foot-operated microphone button. You used your left foot to operate it. If I used it every time I keyed the mike, I might have become more comfortable with it, but it was an unnatural thing to use after grabbing a microphone for several years. There was also the issue that the actual microphone was several feet away from one's mouth which didn't enhance transmissions.

Of course, it added one more device to check to ensure you weren't broadcasting your opinion of what an idiot the major was or how hot the new girl on Shift 7 was.

On one occasion, I had to lean back and brace myself in my seat to shout directions to a pedestrian on the opposite sidewalk. After everyone on the channel learned how to get from Town Center to the courthouse, the chief suggested I go by the radio shop and have the damn thing removed.

That said, I'd posit that there are probably better ways in 2022 to operate a mobile radio without removing a hand from the wheel.

Then there was the remote hood-mounted spotlight we got after purchasing cruisers that did not allow mounting a spotlight on the A pillar. But that is another story...

There are factory options for Ford that will run the lights and siren from the steering wheel. I don’t know if there’s an option to key the radio with a hands free speaker. Technology wise I don’t think it would be difficult, I just don’t know if there’s a current option.

Jason

I have a small, wireless PTT switch for our radios for UC surveillance operations that I can hide in the palm of my hand. I could easily rig it up to mount it on a steering wheel, but you run into the same problem of having to move your hand off the wheel to talk, because the switch won’t always be in the same place.

Besides, if you can’t talk on the radio, drink your coffee, and text your wife to let her know you’ll be home late while in a pursuit, you really have no business in law enforcement.

Site Supporter
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfLGF..._web_copy_link

https://www.wmur.com/amp/article/woo...62322/40390735

Police dashcam shows man swinging excavator bucket toward troopers who were arresting son

WOODBURY, Vt. —
    A man is facing charges after he was caught on camera trying to use an excavator to attack state troopers who were trying to arrest his son for an alleged assault.

Video shows the suspect's father, Wayne Tallman, 52, of Woodbury, Vermont, got behind the controls and began swinging the bucket at the troopers.

One of the troopers aimed his gun at the father but did not pull the trigger.

"It was a dangerous situation that you were put in and in the end, you came out on top. You effected the arrest. You guys both went home that night. That's the goal of why you went there,” Capt. Matt Daley, Vermont State Police, said to officers who were involved.

Troopers were able to get Wayne Tallman out of the excavator and arrested him on charges including aggravated assault on a protected official, resisting arrest, impeding and reckless endangerment.

His son, Brandon Tallman, faces charges including aggravated assault, burglary, unlawful mischief and resisting arrest.

Brandon Tallman’s mother, Amy Tallman, 48, was issued a citation for impeding an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfLGF..._web_copy_link

https://www.wmur.com/amp/article/woo...62322/40390735

Police dashcam shows man swinging excavator bucket toward troopers who were arresting son
    Saw that on CNN.

They are reporting that the father is also being charged with attempted murder, but was disputing the charge because the bucket wasn't close enough to the LEOs to kill them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Saw that on CNN.

They are reporting that the father is also being charged with attempted murder, but was disputing the charge because the bucket wasn't close enough to the LEOs to kill them.
    He was just turning his life (backhoe) around
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Yet another (#3 recently iirc) Texas shooting, this time in Austin, where a dude with a knife reanimates after being shot and needs to be shot again. Also, one officer doesn’t realize he’s at slide lock until it’s time to shoot again.

Site Supporter
    Jonesboro Arkansas Officer gets into an entangled gunfight, takes a round to the leg but is ablle to win the fight. Has to go back to his car to get a tourniquet and self apply.

Site Supporter
    Out of Orlando FL. Reading the comments it looks like the video was cut off due to the shooter deciding to shoot himself.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-28-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Out of Orlando FL. Reading the comments it looks like the video was cut off due to the shooter deciding to shoot himself.

Seems this links to the same video as the post above

User Tag List