Page 307 of 374 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3731

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

https://kutv.com/news/local/put-the-...th-utah-police

Video released from incident earlier this year. St George UT police pursued a fleeing suspect with a kidnapped baby into Arizona. Eventually an officer with a suppressed bolt action takes a decisive shot to end it.

Name:  58936577-10905621-image-a-1_1654902717747.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  63.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    "Ok, you say he's not going to hurt anyone. If that's the case, why don't you take him to the hospital? You say you're afraid of what might happen? Didn't you tell me he isn't going to hurt anyone?"
    Quick route to a founded complaint and the accompanying paper. But, yeah.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post

Video released from incident earlier this year. St George UT police pursued a fleeing suspect with a kidnapped baby into Arizona. Eventually an officer with a suppressed bolt action takes a decisive shot to end it.

Well done.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Rando crazy dude with a hatchet pulls up beside a cop at a traffic stop and attacks him.

[QUOTE=jnc36rcpd;1361711]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    In that dude’s defense he left after being asked once and didn’t show back up incoherently screaming about why they did that.[/QUOT
    I would agree that this guy wasn't bad and was just trying to provide information. He certainly wasn't the attorney who had a would-be client in
    the law offices, frightening and befuddling all the attorneys and support personnel. After the requisite negotiation, sprinkling of de-escalation fairy dust, physical resistance, Taser deployment, and continued resistance, decides to tell us "You don't have to do that to him." Given the level of resistance and the number of officers trying to subdue him without injury, I had enough free time to turn, point at said attorney, and shout "If you know how to do this better, you get over here and take over right now." He faded away like fog in the morning sun. I was later told I seemed to hurt his feelings.
    So one of my human partners and I were in the midst of a pretty good struggle with a suspect and when we ended up with him down on his stomach. There was a fire crew standing by watching us. We were getting ready to cuff him and in one of those split second lulls I looked at my partner and loudly said err probably yelled “It’d be nice if fucking Fire helped us!” We got him cuffed and turned over to Fire. My partner laughed and said you know you yelled that. We both laughed and I waited for the complaint but that never happened.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Coyotesfan97;1363773]
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post

So one of my human partners and I were in the midst of a pretty good struggle with a suspect and when we ended up with him down on his stomach. There was a fire crew standing by watching us. We were getting ready to cuff him and in one of those split second lulls I looked at my partner and loudly said err probably yelled “It’d be nice if fucking Fire helped us!” We got him cuffed and turned over to Fire. My partner laughed and said you know you yelled that. We both laughed and I waited for the complaint but that never happened.
    I’d only been with Bowie County Correctional a couple of months when this happened. I worked at the Annex. It was a stand alone facility about two blocks from the Bi-State Justice Building (BJB) Intake for the county, and both Texarkanas (Arkansas and Texas) was at the BJB. This was probably my second trip to the BJB to pickup transfer inmates. (BCC ran both facilities, but usually kept staff separate.)
    This was one of the occasions when the city PDs were in a contest. I don’t know all of the nuances, but I do know that when these pissing matches fired up, intake would be swamped. Folks who would usually get a warning might end up in a pod.
    i was sent over to the BJB for some transfers, waiting at the intake desk when a couple of cops brought this tall and ANGREY dude in. I don’t remember if they were TTPD or TAPD.
    So, long tall back dude is pressed up against the desk still talking smack. The Cops want their cuffs back, so the two COs at BJB intake remove then with the intention of reapplying restraints owned by the BJB. Tall due starts to resist.
    I watched the PD guys step back with the attitude of, “He your problem now,” I was a bit put off by their attitude. Now, the two BJB COs were doing a good job. One guy was a 300lb monster. The other was 300lbs of fight in a 150lb body. They were pretty much in control except for the guy trying to spit on or bite them.
    At some point, I finally came out of my stupor and realized that I wasn’t offering any more help than the CPD guys. By now the only danger was this nimrod spitting, or getting a bite on one of the COs. I simply kneeled down and placed my hand on his shoulder, holding him were he couldn’t turn his head.
    While I wasn’t any more help than the CPD guys, what happened with me was inexperience. These guys made a decision.
    My involvement was so small that I didn’t report it. But jails have these things called security cameras. Rank saw me with my “hand on” an inmate, so I was required to fill out a UOF (Use of Force) form.
    I guess what I’m saying is keep mind the training those folks (FD) had. Likely the FD has not been trained, nor do they have the mind set, to jump into an incarcerating moment in the field. It’s not simply a matter of “not their job.” They haven’t been trained or mentally prepared for it.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 06-15-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post

Multiple agencies in on this one. Good work all around.

Name:  889A5E5B-8A32-4B65-827A-9456899AD25C.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  22.9 KB

Site Supporter
    LAPD SWAT shoots barricaded suspect after he starts firing randomly out of his window.

Site Supporter
    Police get immediately ambushed at a traffic stop. They managed to hit the BG who later crashes. Some interesting things going on with officer #2’s reload. It looks like he reaches for his radio in the middle of the reload then changes his mind and reloads, it Looks like he may not have gotten the mag fully seated, but it’s hard to tell.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-18-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Site Supporter
    Query:

With all the advances re in/out car electronica, what is state of the art re equipment that would allow the officer to keep both hands on the wheel as they are driving under increasingly challenging conditions run the communicate on the radio so as NOT to have to drive one handed?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List