Page 306 of 374 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3731

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    De-escalation requires consent by both parties. This dude moved fast for a big guy, and again pretty fast for a big shot guy. ETA: would people with more formal training than me agree with the statement that this looks like textbook excited delirium?

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-07-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    "Ok, you say he's not going to hurt anyone. If that's the case, why don't you take him to the hospital? You say you're afraid of what might happen? Didn't you tell me he isn't going to hurt anyone?"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    "Ok, you say he's not going to hurt anyone. If that's the case, why don't you take him to the hospital? You say you're afraid of what might happen? Didn't you tell me he isn't going to hurt anyone?"
    In that dude’s defense he left after being asked once and didn’t show back up incoherently screaming about why they did that.

NC Trooper shoots suspect on traffic stop.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Caballoflaco;1361285]In that dude’s defense he left after being asked once and didn’t show back up incoherently screaming about why they did that.[/QUOT
    I would agree that this guy wasn't bad and was just trying to provide information. He certainly wasn't the attorney who had a would-be client in
    the law offices, frightening and befuddling all the attorneys and support personnel. After the requisite negotiation, sprinkling of de-escalation fairy dust, physical resistance, Taser deployment, and continued resistance, decides to tell us "You don't have to do that to him." Given the level of resistance and the number of officers trying to subdue him without injury, I had enough free time to turn, point at said attorney, and shout "If you know how to do this better, you get over here and take over right now." He faded away like fog in the morning sun. I was later told I seemed to hurt his feelings.

SHP releases video of NC trooper shooting driver holding gun at traffic stop

Now that the video has been released I wonder if the "eyewitnesses" will change their story:

https://abc11.com/amp/deadly-shootin...diaz/11911326/

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Policing in 2022.
    I have no comments on the situation except that

(1) I am guessing Axon won't be using this as a an advertising video?

(2) Glad everyone came out of that OK.

Also policing in 2022. That was a bold move, considering dude hit the cop, several citizens cars and was wanted for a couple of armed robberies I hope Tennessee vs Garner works in the Officer’s favor.
    Plumhoff v. Reichert is arguably more applicable.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Plumhoff v. Reichert is arguably more applicable.
    Thanks for posting, I was unfamiliar with that case/decision so I read up on it some at lunch today.

Thanks for posting, I was unfamiliar with that case/decision so I read up on it some at lunch today.
    QOTD from Plumhoff:

It makes sense that, if officers are justified in firing at a suspect in order to end a severe threat to public safety, they need not stop shooting until the threat has ended.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List