Page 303 of 373 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3726

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

I'm not sure if the original video has been posted up here already -- 51 yard handgun shot.

(A little bit of silliness with the ASP video, but there are some good observations.)
    Good shooting by the officer.

I'm interested in the sense of urgency at 2:42 in the video. Perhaps some of the LE folks here can talk about that? Not criticizing, just curious.

Site Supporter
    The sergeant's leadership approach did seem overly...forceful...with the officers. Since we don't witness the entire event (and don't know the sergeant), I can't tell if the officers were disorganized and confused and needed firm leadership or if the sergeant's tone was the result of stress. He seemed much calmer on the radio once the suspect was in custody.

I will remark that there is some urgency to physically apprehend the suspect and to provide medical treatment. Decisive action is needed to reduce the risk of the suspect "re-animating" and to the crowd interfering with the arrest. There is also a need to start medical treatment of the offender as soon as it is safe to do so.

Thanks @jnc36rcpd. I'm sure those are all valid points.

Site Supporter
    Here is one from rural Skagit County Washington. Suspect evaded spike strips toward officer.

Site Supporter
    Another suicide by cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Grand Rapids MI OIS.

Hard one to watch.

That was a complete shit show.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Of course, the Taser is seen as the most appropriate tool ever for any circumstance police ever encounter. The news media and politicians believe the Taser acts like it does in most entertainment media when it immediately and successfully incapacitates the target who awakens after the commercial break being interrogated by the bad guy while strapped to a chair in a warehouse.

When we use the Taser, however, it is viewed as cruel, harsh, and escalatory, especially if deployed on an immigrant, young person, old person, drunk, or mentally ill subject.

While not one to embrace "old school" just because it is old, I will comment that a lateral vascular neck restraint or a slapjack possibly might have avoided the officer's decision to shoot his assailant. .
    Having been lead Taser instructor for my former agency for some years, in retrospect, I might have argued for fewer Tasers, but much more intense training for the Taser operators. We have had incidents when officers fired upon suspects who had disarmed them of Tasers with all cartridges discharged. While a suspect with a Taser without live cartridges is a significant threat, options other than deadly force may exist.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Of course, the Taser is seen as the most appropriate tool ever for any circumstance police ever encounter. The news media and politicians believe the Taser acts like it does in most entertainment media when it immediately and successfully incapacitates the target who awakens after the commercial break being interrogated by the bad guy while strapped to a chair in a warehouse.

When we use the Taser, however, it is viewed as cruel, harsh, and escalatory, especially if deployed on an immigrant, young person, old person, drunk, or mentally ill subject.

While not one to embrace "old school" just because it is old, I will comment that a lateral vascular neck restraint or a slapjack possibly might have avoided the officer's decision to shoot his assailant. .
    Having been lead Taser instructor for my former agency for some years, in retrospect, I might have argued for fewer Tasers, but much more intense training for the Taser operators. We have had incidents when officers fired upon suspects who had disarmed them of Tasers with all cartridges discharged. While a suspect with a Taser without live cartridges is a significant threat, options other than deadly force may exist.

I’m not saying the cop was without critique but...

Good thing the politicians (including most cop admin) took away the “choke hold”. That certainly saves lives.

You know who care more about the welfare of resisting suspects than the scum bag politicians, BLM asswipes, leftist, and do gooders?

Cops. A cop tries to keep everyone alive if possible, and as soon as possible they check on the welfare of the person they fought. If those dipshits filming actually cared about saving a life, they would help the cop.

Better training and better tactics are needed. The ability to prevent some of this from happening is possible, but an environment must be created that gives officers enough comfort to do what needs to be done (that may look worse initially) to prevent some of this stuff from happening. Not to mention all the other issues at play (I.e. family , social, values etc).

Our world is so morally sick it’s unreal.

I want to edit to add this:

While Democrats are basically anti cop dopes, Republicans are also guilty in much of this crap. Look at Greg Abbott and George Floyd.

I’m going to try and meet with my state rep soon, who I kind of know, and talk to him about these issues (and mainly about the crazy property taxes in Texas).

Ok off my rant box and off to errands in Mexico City.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-28-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc5U_zA..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cc5hi..._web_copy_link

CHP Officer shot in the right thigh during a struggle with a “pedestrian" at about 6:15 p.m yesterday as he investigated a collision on eastbound Interstate 8 in the Mission Valley neighborhood. The motive is unknown.

“Good Samaritans" helped subdue the suspect, a 25-year-old San Diego man, and the officer was hospitalized in serious but stable condition, reported Captain Harris of the CHP.

At the start of the second linked video you can see one of the citizens was holding the suspect at knife point until additional LE arrived.

The CHP Officers life was saved after a massive Hemorrhage was identified by the men on scene and stabilized with a tourniquet.

Sorry - don’t know how to embed IG videos on here.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-28-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    Deleted.

User Tag List