Page 295 of 374 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Overall, I was impressed with the HPD shooting. Nobody seemed to panic. Officers checked themselves and each other for injuries. Resources such as a ballistic shield and medical kit were utilized. People held cover on the whole residence rather than focusing entirely on the bad guy. I even saw a tac reload which supposedly never occurs in the real world.

Regarding Riverside: We've all considered ways we might be killed or injured on the job, but I'm sure no one, including the injured officer, considered they might fall down an embankment and have someone throw a car on them.

I may be wrong as I went through the Houston video fairly quickly, but I seem to recall an officer or two being flagged by his partners.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I may be wrong as I went through the Houston video fairly quickly, but I seem to recall an officer or two being flagged by his partners.
    That happened a few times. The two posted up at the rear of the black and white are pointing their pistols at the back of an officer.

Also the driver of the red sedan left the car in gear which let his partner in the passenger seat roll in front of the shooter. It happens. We’ve seen it using NLTA’s around cars. But I agree - impressive isn’t how I’d describe it. Comms however were good.

ETA - and I’m not judging. I watch these videos in an effort to make myself and those I help teach constantly improve.

Site Supporter
    I confess I did not watch the entirety of the BWC footage. I did notice some flagging and the car left in gear as well. As suggested, it happens. It is one reason to emphasize officers not flagging one another in training. It's going to happen in the real world, but appropriate training will minimize it as much as possible.

I've also seen cars left in gear during training. At least, the car did not hit another cruiser as ours did.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I confess I did not watch the entirety of the BWC footage. I did notice some flagging and the car left in gear as well. As suggested, it happens. It is one reason to emphasize officers not flagging one another in training. It's going to happen in the real world, but appropriate training will minimize it as much as possible.

I've also seen cars left in gear during training. At least, the car did not hit another cruiser as ours did.
    Agree, completely.

I also locked myself out of my UC vehicle once after a meeting with some mob guys. Luckily, they didn't come out to try to help me jimmy it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Agree, completely.

I also locked myself out of my UC vehicle once after a meeting with some mob guys. Luckily, they didn't come out to try to help me jimmy it.
    I went to an Active Shooter Instructor course and one of the AIs was Las Vegas Metro SWAT dude. We were told that flagging each other was going to happen in the real world, and that we should just get used to it.🙄🤪

Obviously a theory I have never subscribed to, and I complained loudly to the Instructor and business owner.

I was later told by a SWAT guy from another full time team that at the time Vegas Metro SWAT was rather well known for shooting each other accidentally.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post

Sorry, my quote and response above was meant to quote jnc36rcpd. I dunno how I loused that up.

pat

Site Supporter
    Mesquite TX, Officer is ambushed while chasing a suspect into an apartment breezeway. He wins the fight and isn’t injured.

Take out the trash. Kudos to the officer for prevailing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I went to an Active Shooter Instructor course and one of the AIs was Las Vegas Metro SWAT dude. We were told that flagging each other was going to happen in the real world, and that we should just get used to it.🙄🤪

Obviously a theory I have never subscribed to, and I complained loudly to the Instructor and business owner.

I was later told by a SWAT guy from another full time team that at the time Vegas Metro SWAT was rather well known for shooting each other accidentally.

pat
    When I was a SWAT pup I went to a week long CQB training put on by JT6 marines. During the entry training but especially in the live fire shoot house they were very strict about flagging other operators. They’d see it and call you out if you did it. They told us during their six week CQB training if you flagged someone three times you were out. That was the standard I tried to maintain.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List