Page 294 of 374 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    No disputing one method over another but where are the studies and data? So much of police action doesn't get properly researched, recorded and analyzed to help determine what works or not and what works better among the methods that work.

How much of that is due to the cost, lack of sharing, fear of optics or the it has always been done X way etc...
    This could be a phone call between Hearne & me.

There are all of the above reasons for sure. And there are the researcher research issues, like removing all of the variables for any given study. I'm going to hunt down the data on S&C injuries or deaths. An issue there is how do you compare that to something that did not happen, i.e: fewer deaths during free flow clearing?

There are studies being done but sometimes they're almost neutered. College students don't always make good badguys for shooting purposes. In a recent one I looked at, 230+ initial participants but only 170+ usable runs - @ 60 of the student participants didn't shoot. Generally, I like the research coming out of ALERRT, their book on evaluating room entry tactics for not-SWAT is worth it just for their methodologies. One of many things in it is their addressing the +/-20% hit rate claim.

Back on-topic ... there's been some info shared with peer cops purportedly about things that were seen, learned. If the stuff is factual, it'll be interesting to see it get released. Sadly, given the drama MPD has suffered of late, I don't know if they'll be able to get that information out and have it gather traction.

Site Supporter
    Insanity seems to run rampant in Minneapolis city government and certainly affects MPD. MPD and the city maya be hunkering down and trying to figure out how to hang some line cops without getting splashed with blame. That said, I'd be interested to see body camera footage from other officers on the entry team to get a better view of what the decedent was doing.

Interesting one out of Oklahoma City from last December. The officer's hesitation here seems...uh...anyway, close call but everyone survives.

Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Newly released bodycam footage of the initial encounter of the incident a week ago in which 9 officers were injured.

Suspect uses a ruse to try and lure the first officer in for the kill.

Second video is the “full story.”

Naw, I'll just post this one out of Riverside County, CA - four agencies involved. I've got thoughts but I'll hold them until Saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

Naw, I'll just post this one out of Riverside County, CA - four agencies involved. I've got thoughts but I'll hold them until Saturday evening.
    That was a disaster.

Houston PD:

http://instagram.com/tv/CaGWMdvuZEq/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

With all the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks (Mamalonas) here I’m surprised we don’t see this sort of thing more often here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    That was a disaster.

Houston PD:

http://instagram.com/tv/CaGWMdvuZEq/
    Complete video with a bunch of different body cams of same incident.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    With all the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks (Mamalonas) here I’m surprised we don’t see this sort of thing more often here.
    Another example of a technique that “works all the time” - as long as the bad guy complies…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Another example of a technique that “works all the time” - as long as the bad guy complies…
    Yep, if you’re not making physical contact they can always work their way out if they want to.

User Tag List