Page 289 of 374 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

This happened 27 years ago but the officer, Stan Cook, just passed.

https://youtu.be/kfcvBJ_VUT0

Site Supporter
    LVMPD shooting of kidnapping suspect. One officer had an FN 509 with optic.

Metro Nashville, Tennessee Highway Patrol, and an off-duty Mt. Juliet PD officer shoot EDP. The Metro officer that fired the last two rounds has already been decommissioned.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Metro Nashville, Tennessee Highway Patrol, and an off-duty Mt. Juliet PD officer shoot EDP. The Metro officer that fired the last two rounds has already been decommissioned.

We have in the past had incidents far 'worse' optics wise, and involving more officers firing more rounds. Resulted in major changes in both policy and training. On the training side, those changes were massively for the better. On the policy side....not so much. In my last few months on the job, I find myself wondering if this, one of the oldest police departments on the west coast, will actually still exist in 2 years. And that isn't hyperbole.

I saw another story on this incident that says the Chief wants their training division to take a look at this and make recommendations. Might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I saw another story on this incident that says the Chief wants their training division to take a look at this and make recommendations. Might be a good thing.
    You would think, but my understanding from MNPD guys is that training there is a mess.

Site Supporter
    Good example of a “psychological stop”. Great job by the officer not shooting the dude while he was on the ground trying to get the officer to shoot him again.

Site Supporter
    Denver CO. attempted carjacker steals a cop car that was left running and unlocked with the keys in it and an unsecured AR and ammo in the passenger seat.

Minneapolis PD Warrant Service OIS

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Denver CO. attempted carjacker steals a cop car that was left running and unlocked with the keys in it and an unsecured AR and ammo in the passenger seat.

Well I certainly hope Ms. Officer let-him-take-my-car is off the job for all the good she did helping contain the suspect.

On a side note, how common is steel cased ammo put out for patrol rifle use? Noticed it in the mag recovered from the driver floorboard.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

[QUOTE=HCountyGuy;1316703

On a side note, how common is steel cased ammo put out for patrol rifle use? Noticed it in the mag recovered from the driver floorboard.[/QUOTE]

We used the Hornady steel cased ammo for training and sometimes in backup magazines stored in the cars. It proved to be as reliable and accurate as the Federal American Eagle training ammo we previously used. We carried a 20 round mag of Hornady GMX in the gun, but it would get expensive filling up backup mags with it.

User Tag List