Page 287 of 372 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Also, agencies need to make the Taser weak hand carry, not crossdraw. Train weak hand deployment only and and often.
    I recently noticed the first time on an officer that took my statement on a traffic "accident" (dipshit passing around a curve, not really an "oops" kinda thing).

Site Supporter

NJ AG releases videos of rampaging backhoe driver shot dead

https://www.police1.com/patrol-video...9mp1X8CInuyGl4

VINELAND, N.J. — The state Attorney General’s Office has released video footage showing the chaotic scene as a man driving a backhoe smashed cars and homes in Vineland before he was shot to death by a police officer on Dec. 18.

Joshua E. Gonzalez, 20, of Millville, was shot after police tried for a half hour to stop him as he crushed police vehicles, toppled an ambulance and rampaged through a neighborhood, according to authorities.

The office released body camera footage, along with surveillance and cellphone videos, and 911 calls related to the incident on Thursday afternoon and also met with Gonzalez’s family to review the footage, according to an announcement.

The Attorney General’s Office is handling the investigation into the police use of deadly force.

The incident began around 5 a.m. when Vineland officers received 911 calls reporting that someone driving a backhoe had struck a car at a Vineland business and driven off. From there, they responded to South Lincoln Avenue, where the backhoe slammed into a car, then crushed two police vehicles, authorities said.

Body camera footage shows officers converging on the yellow vehicle as it tears through the Penn Lincoln Mobile Home Park on South Lincoln in the pre-dawn darkness.

The beeping backup indicator is heard as the backhoe is put in reverse to continue its erratic journey, striking homes along the way.

“Our house is completely demolished,” a woman reported in a 911 call that was released by Cumberland County on Thursday in response to an public records request about the incident. “It just took out the entire front of our house. It’s now taking out other houses as well … I can’t get out of my front door.”

Footage from a Ring doorbell camera shows the backhoe crush a structure in front of a home before striking the residence. Also released were cellphone videos taken by bystanders recording the chaos.

“He’s going into houses, Jim. We’ve gotta do something now,” one officer declares as he races after the vehicle. Footage from Vineland Police Sgt. Louis Platania’s body camera shows him exit his car and run toward the backhoe.

He fires multiple shots, blowing out a window in the cab. The driver slumps over as the vehicle continues out of control and comes to a stop when it plows into a tree.

[RELATED: Training to shoot from and through vehicles]

Officers pull Gonzalez from the cab and begin CPR as others check damaged homes to see if any residents are injured.

Medical personal rendered aid, but Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene at 5:48 a.m. Three officers suffered minor injuries and were treated and released, officials said. No other injuries were reported.

In addition to extensive damage to multiple homes, three police vehicles, the ambulance and an occupied civilian vehicle were struck, authorities said.

Officials have not indicated where Gonzalez got the backhoe or why he went on the rampage.

Site Supporter
    Slight Thread Drift

+1 re the WEB Griffith Stuff.

Perfect Poolside/Beachside/Travel Reading.

Multiple MIL/GOV/MIL series of Books from WW II to date.

A bit formulaic but so what. These are books not Novels in the movies not Films kind of way.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

NJ AG releases videos of rampaging backhoe driver shot dead

https://www.police1.com/patrol-video...9mp1X8CInuyGl4

Back when I was in college, Winston-Salem lost an officer when someone started joy riding something like that. Can be very dangerous.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Back in the day, I heard it called "bulldogging": get in front of the fugitive vehicle, slow down, don't let it get past you and try to block it to a stop.

Not hard to understand why it's not state of the art "best practices" today. Don't know if NYPD ever actually taught it.
    We teach it, and use it, in very limited situations. The person must be believed to be unarmed. The person can not be taking evasive actions, etc. Basically it's for foreign/elderly/mentally ill individuals who are so zoned out they just aren't reacting. If the person attempts to evade or ram the stopping car breaks off. You aren't to do it if you're alone.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We teach it, and use it, in very limited situations. The person must be believed to be unarmed. The person can not be taking evasive actions, etc. Basically it's for foreign/elderly/mentally ill individuals who are so zoned out they just aren't reacting. If the person attempts to evade or ram the stopping car breaks off. You aren't to do it if you're alone.
    Yup. We don't teach it or use it, but we know of it, and will do it in the extremes. But the MOST extremes, might or may not be worth it...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Semi-serious question: has anyone ever developed a gun port for patrol car windshields?
    Supposedly, there’s a factory option for a rubber stopper that can be pushed out with a muzzle for the windows on these ‘bullet resistant’ Bimmers.

I somehow suspect that this particular vehicle is somewhat out of the normal budget of most US police departments, however… and the windows are nearly 2-1/2” thick.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Semi-serious question: has anyone ever developed a gun port for patrol car windshields?
    Way back in the 80’s I saw an article that talked about the Germans using such a device. I want to say it was the GSG-9 (their tier 1 CT group), but it could’ve been regular German Polizei.

Only image I could find is from HKPro.com

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Way back in the 80’s I saw an article that talked about the Germans using such a device. I want to say it was the GSG-9 (their tier 1 CT group), but it could’ve been regular German Polizei.

Only image I could find is from HKPro.com

Instagram has taught us that it is far more better for even a lone police officer in a car to yell "Contact Front!" into his body camera and just shoot through the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    LVMPD from 1-10-2022

Thats crazy! Anyone have any more information??

User Tag List