Page 282 of 373 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Does NYPD have some sort of policy against PIT-ing?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    "NYPD Highway Patrol pursuit with some interesting tactics..."

That is the most fucked up thing I have ever seen.
    Yes.

Two other things. Shut the fucking FM radio off. You're at work, and you need to hear the police radio, not some shitty fucking pop music. Second, was that a 3rd Gen S&W she shot to slide lock?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Yes.

Two other things. Shut the fucking FM radio off. You're at work, and you need to hear the police radio, not some shitty fucking pop music. Second, was that a 3rd Gen S&W she shot to slide lock?
    She didn’t need to hear the police radio, she didn’t even let dispatch know what was up for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    She didn’t need to hear the police radio, she didn’t even let dispatch know what was up for a good while.
    I noticed that as well. I wonder how many "officer needs help" calls she's missed.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Yes.

I believe NYPD has quite a few 3rd gens still in service. 5946 if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Does NYPD have some sort of policy against PIT-ing?
    Don't know, but generally speaking you have to be BEHIND the suspect car to PIT, so...

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Don't know, but generally speaking you have to be BEHIND the suspect car to PIT, so...
    Yeah I realize that. I was just guessing that the NYPD might have a no-PIT policy, and so someone might have come up with the "drive your patrol car in front of the fleeing vehicle" tactic as a replacement. I suppose that the officer in the video could have come up with it by herself, but someone could have taught it to her too. And if it was taught, was it official NYPD policy?

Back in the day, I heard it called "bulldogging": get in front of the fugitive vehicle, slow down, don't let it get past you and try to block it to a stop.

Not hard to understand why it's not state of the art "best practices" today. Don't know if NYPD ever actually taught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Back in the day, I heard it called "bulldogging": get in front of the fugitive vehicle, slow down, don't let it get past you and try to block it to a stop.

Not hard to understand why it's not state of the art "best practices" today. Don't know if NYPD ever actually taught it.
    I used to save my money when we came in from the cattle ranch to the sprawling metropolis of Edgerton, Wyoming. There, I would buy gun magazines with the writings of @Mas and read them over and over. So glad to have him on here and I fixed his Site Supporter status.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I believe NYPD has quite a few 3rd gens still in service. 5946 if I recall correctly.
    Yes, the 5946 was one of the three authorized duty weapons (5946, SIG P226 DAO, G19) until S&W stopped making them a few years ago. It was replaced with the Glock 17..... with 15 round mags for uniformity.

On the second officer's BWC, when he reloads you can see he has a P226.

I believe the pistol lanyard the female is wearing is unique to the NYPD's Highway unit. They used to wear full flap holsters.

On another note, what is flopping around blocking the second officer's BWC ? His necktie ?

User Tag List