Page 272 of 374 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Did the Park Police officer start that engagement with a paintball marker?

If so, why?

Video really demonstrates the difficulty for LE dealing with side airbags.
    Example of a pepper ball launcher.

Name:  2077A92B-4D12-4DF6-BFD8-42187A1EE1AF.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  45.0 KB

Yes it was a pepperball gun, aka paintball gun. Since the Floyd protest days I have become rather familiar with them. Suspect was out of the vehicle when ranger first pulled up and it appears another officer was nearby with lethal, so ranger's decision to use less lethal may have been the right choice under the circumstances. Just guessing.
    Last edited by jd950; 11-21-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    LAPD SWAT Hostage Rescue—

LAPD has released BWC footage from this incident.

Site Supporter

Note the second officer, armed with a SIG P320, had a malfunction- it appears the mag was partially dropped ?

Bodycam Shows Suspect Firing a Gun at Reno Police Before They Open Fire Striking Him

Reno, Nevada — On November 5th, 2021, at approximately 10:40pm, Reno Police Department patrol officers were involved in an Officer Involved Shooting in the 200 block of E Grove Street. Officers arrived on scene at an apartment on E Grove Street on the report of a domestic disturbance with what sounded like a male and female screaming, and possible shots fired. Uniformed officers knocked on the door, the door opened, and suspect Isaiah Herndon pointed a handgun in the general direction of the officers, firing at least one round at them. The two officers returned fire striking Herndon multiple times. Officers on scene provided medical aid to Herndon until medics arrived and transported him to Renown Medical Center. Herndon underwent surgery at the hospital and is in critical condition. On November 17th, Herndon was formally charged with two counts of Assault with a Deadly Weapon on a Protected Person, and Own/Possess Firearm by a Prohibited Person
    Last edited by HCM; 11-24-2021 at 03:59 AM.

Yeah, it looked like it dropped after he fired a several rounds. It either wasn't seated fully to begin with and dropped after firing the rounds, he inadvertently hit the mag catch while firing, or there is a problem with his pistol.

I have seen this same type of issue happen during training where an officer fires a couple rounds then hits the magazine catch when we ran Sigs P226/229s. It happened almost exclusively in colder months when the officer was wearing gloves. Only remember it happening without gloves one time.

It never happened with Glocks and I wonder how much the magazine catch design may be a factor. Glock button pushes through the opposite side and is pretty stiff. The Sig P226/229s didn't push through and was lighter/smoother. Does the Sig P320 mag catch work more Glock like or more traditional Sig P22? series like?

This gives credence to sticking with tap, rack, bang/reassess over just racking the slide as I heard recently promoted by a well known trainer.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I have seen this same type of issue happen during training where an officer fires a couple rounds then hits the magazine catch when we ran Sigs P226/229s. It happened almost exclusively in colder months when the officer was wearing gloves. Only remember it happening without gloves one time.

It never happened with Glocks and I wonder how much the magazine catch design may be a factor. Glock button pushes through the opposite side and is pretty stiff. The Sig P226/229s didn't push through and was lighter/smoother. Does the Sig P320 mag catch work more Glock like or more traditional Sig P22? series like?

This gives credence to sticking with tap, rack, bang/reassess over just racking the slide as I heard recently promoted by a well known trainer.
    We issue Classic Line P226 .40s. I've seen this happen on the line during training, especially with dudes with big hands. Usually not cold enough even in winter to wear thick gloves. It also usually happens when they're rushing a presentation and don't get a proper grip on the pistol.

The 320 mag release is different than the classic line in construction, but functions similarly. It isn't a push through design like the Glock. Notably, Sig changed ALL mag releases to the 320 style going forward. The 9mm 226 Legions our SWAT team uses came with the new mag release, which was unexpected and caused some headaches. The Mecgar 20 round mags they had purchases will NOT function reliably (won't always lock in place) with the new design.

Under pressure I have rushed my grip and released the mag on P229, dropping mag just enough to create a malfunction. I am guessing if it were a P226 the mag would have dropped clear. I think it might be even easier to do this on a 320. I work on paying more attention to support hand placement and I switched to different grips and solved the problem (so far). Would probably switch to lower profile release if one was offered.

As to this incident, I like to think I would have used a fresh mag instead of using the one that had dropped to the cement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Under pressure I have rushed my grip and released the mag on P229, dropping mag just enough to create a malfunction. I am guessing if it were a P226 the mag would have dropped clear. I think it might be even easier to do this on a 320. I work on paying more attention to support hand placement and I switched to different grips and solved the problem (so far). Would probably switch to lower profile release if one was offered.

As to this incident, I like to think I would have used a fresh mag instead of using the one that had dropped to the cement.
    Despite having XXL hands I’ve never had that occur with the P229 but I have both experienced it and seen it with the P320

Site Supporter
    Anyone know how to embed video from World Star Hip Hop ?

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/web/vi...K5AXOaCR2zNXmE

Suspect enters Baltimore barbershop, shoots and kills barber and is taken out by off duty Baltimore PD SGT getting his haircut.

User Tag List