Page 264 of 372 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    CV with a light bar tops out @ 125.
    Really? Even with a cop motor that runs good on regular gas? I know they have a very unaero profile, but I would have thought they could go faster than that.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Really? Even with a cop motor that runs good on regular gas? I know they have a very unaero profile, but I would have thought they could go faster than that.

From what I remember, there were two rear end gearing options on the CV's (3.08 and 3.23 maybe?)...one had an advertised top speed of @ 123, the other @130 (no light bar or added equipment). By the time you stuck the air brake on the roof and added several hundred pounds of accoutrement (and years/miles of 24hr/3 shifts a day of abuse), 125 was pushing it. I had a slick-top unmarked that would show a GPS indicated 128. But CV's need a lot of room to get there.

My slick-top 2010 Charger would do a solid GPS'd 150, while my slick-top '14 Tahoe would do @138.
    Last edited by kwb377; 09-07-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Site Supporter
    I have watched a lot of pursuits. That may have been the best one ever called. Call voice. Clear descriptions. Self corrected. Very patient.
    The driving by the officer was superlative.

A late model Caravan will 0-60 in 7ish secs. 3.6 L V-6. I rented one to take my son to school Fall 2020 and had no problem running well at 80+ in OK on a wide open interstate, easily passing anything when needed.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    CVPIs weren't that fast. 4.6L in a fairly heavy car with a 4 speed transmission. Turn off the AC and most would run between 125-130. The problem wasn't so much top speed, it was maximum braking. Brake fade became an issue really really quickly. My 2020 Charger was the best police car I ever had. Good acceleration, no idea what the top speed was since it's faster than I was willing to go, and *excellent* brakes. AWD was a nice touch as well.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    A 2014 Charger Hemi AWD with hold 90+ MPH for 2 plus hours when a judge arbitrarily decides that he wants to see your affiant after initially agreeing to swearing out a warrant telephonically and folks are waiting for the warrant as the tactical situation is evolving and you do not want to serve the warrant in the dark.

It was a 60ish fall day and the temps all stayed well in the green. I was quite impressed.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

CVPI’s have a limiter which holds top speed at about 127 mph due to drivetrain imbalance issues.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    That is one fast and agile mini-van.
    Most minivans should be able to out handle most stock sport utility vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    From what I remember, there were two rear end gearing options on the CV's (3.08 and 3.23 maybe?)...one had an advertised top speed of @ 123, the other @130 (no light bar or added equipment). By the time you stuck the air brake on the roof and added several hundred pounds of accoutrement (and years/miles of 24hr/3 shifts a day of abuse), 125 was pushing it. I had a slick-top unmarked that would show a GPS indicated 128. But CV's need a lot of room to get there.

My slick-top 2010 Charger would do a solid GPS'd 150, while my slick-top '14 Tahoe would do @138.
    I only drove CV’s for a couple years, but I remember they would start to do the “floating” thing around 110 mph that I never really liked.

I’ve had a hemi Charger up about 150mph responding to an officer down. I don’t have much desire to drive that fast again now that I’m older.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I only drove CV’s for a couple years, but I remember they would start to do the “floating” thing around 110 mph that I never really liked.

I’ve had a hemi Charger up about 150mph responding to an officer down. I don’t have much desire to drive that fast again now that I’m older.
    I was going to call in a Charger, when I first started. Thought I’m going too fast, 80 mph is too much. Looked down I was doing 120!

While I liked the crown Vic the most of any patrol car I’ve driven , I remember the charges being smooth at high speeds.

Site Supporter

User Tag List