Page 262 of 374 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    It certainly didn't go perfectly, but the second officer ran toward the fight. She raised her pistol a couple of times when she shouldn't have, but seemed to realize she couldn't shoot and lowered it. Not impressed with the rounds from the back of the bus that zinged by her brother officers, but she didn't hit them. No harm, no foul, but likely a training issue that should be addressed, perhaps with her specifically, but I'd suspect with the entire agency. The officer parking down range of the likely shooting took some risks, but in today's world, I'm hard pressed to be overly critical.
    I suspect we have a profession wide problem with the back of the bus thing. I’m not smart enough to tell if it’s generational, “woke” culture that started with Trayvon and Ferguson, FTO quality/issues as mentioned here, or a combo of some/all. Hell, it could be affected by first person shooter video games for all I know. But it doesn’t appear to be localized by region or agency. I used to record LivePD and use clips of horrible gun handling for training use. And that was from all over the country. I still remember watching Sheriff Lamb in AZ take his M4 out of his rack and muzzle the camera man from head to toe…. and he’s old enough to know better.

I fear @Hambo may be right - until a LEO dies from a back of the bus shooter we won’t get enough people to pay attention. Especially in a world where racial politics demand precious training time be consumed with CRT type of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I fear @Hambo may be right - until a LEO dies from a back of the bus shooter we won’t get enough people to pay attention. Especially in a world where racial politics demand precious training time be consumed with CRT type of garbage.
    It’s happened before (LEOs dying from this) - we’re really shitty at learning from our mistakes. I have opinions on that video and they aren’t positive. It’s not cool using fellow officers for cover.

Site Supporter
    I frankly think the shooting from behind the lines issue can and should be addressed during the academy with force-on-force training. This could also be introduced or reinforced during in-service training. Force-on-force rounds popping you in the back or just zinging by you illustrate the dangers of this behavior.

The female officer who fired the questionable rounds seemed to be moving to danger. While she muzzled brother officers briefly, she quickly returned to low ready (of sorts). I suspect she wanted to engage the threat, but realized the danger to fellow officers and lowered her weapon.

Again, not impressed with the back of the bus shots, but if she hit anyone but the suspect, I imagine we'll soon learn that.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Waiting until an officer takes one to the back of the head is negligent.
    Sadly, it's been a problem for decades. We've shot our own far too many times. And we've been really lucky - a lot! Just before I came on, an agency local to me shot one of their own in the head while getting into a shooting with a search warrant target ... in the hallway. Fortunately, the cop survived and worked a full career.

Petty has been pretty adamant about trying to address it.

There was a pretty nasty video out of LVMPD three to four years, during a nighttime high-risk stop, where I was seriously surprised they didn't shoot their own. I'm still digging for that video.

Aside from Rule #4 not getting near enough practical attention, too many cops create rule #2 issues by stepping in front of other officers' muzzles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Something a little different.

Suspect convicted in the November 2016 style murder of San Antonio Police Department detective Benjamin Marconi threw an elbow at a Bailiff after hearing the guilty verdict in his first degree murder trial.

Given this is a death penalty case the suspect isn’t really doing himself any favors for the penalty phase.

https://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...4-be5b038e6e82
    McKane was sentenced to death this past Friday.

Radio traffic from the murder of Chicago PD Officer Ella French:

Another Nashville Metro OIS. Primary officer uses a RDS-equipped Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Another Nashville Metro OIS. Primary officer uses a RDS-equipped Glock.

Appears to be an RMR, and it’s perhaps noteworthy that the officer cranked the dot brightness up, not long before being charged by the driver of the SUV. Perhaps as a result of the volume of light as his backup engaged the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Appears to be an RMR, and it’s perhaps noteworthy that the officer cranked the dot brightness up, not long before being charged by the driver of the SUV. Perhaps as a result of the volume of light as his backup engaged the scene.
    Or maybe he turned it on.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Or maybe he turned it on.
    True, either maneuver takes the exact same push.

User Tag List