Page 252 of 373 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I see this more and more lately. It’s a trend we need to stop as instructors.

The officer fired from this position with a fellow officer in front of him.
    Watching the video, that appears to be Officer Irwins Bodycam video. I don't believe he fired a shot at that moment, but I'll watch it again. I totally agree though, that Priority of Fire issues are occurring more frequently. We've been addressing that in tactics training that emphasizes the idea of getting "Patch to Patch" with fellow officers before engaging a threat. We do the same in live fire, and have also incorporated training that includes "bystander" targets that occasionally appear behind the threat target, forcing the officers to maintain 'downrange awareness of what's beyond their target. It's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Agree. Priority of fire is a thing.

Could the fish eye lens on the BWC be making this look more egregious than it actually was?
    It’s certainly possible. But I watched it a few times and it makes me cringe each time.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Watching the video, that appears to be Officer Irwins Bodycam video. I don't believe he fired a shot at that moment, but I'll watch it again. I totally agree though, that Priority of Fire issues are occurring more frequently. We've been addressing that in tactics training that emphasizes the idea of getting "Patch to Patch" with fellow officers before engaging a threat. We do the same in live fire, and have also incorporated training that includes "bystander" targets that occasionally appear behind the threat target, forcing the officers to maintain 'downrange awareness of what's beyond their target. It's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed.
    That’s great y’all are doing that. I’d love to see a wider push in all of LE for something to address it.

Site Supporter
    Interesting attempt to clear the malfunction. Is that a Glock? One guy is carrying a P320.

If by “interesting” you mean “improperly and ineffectively”, I would agree. “Lock-rip-rack” isn’t difficult, but it does require training. Of course the officer may well have had that training, but it clearly didn’t kick in when needed.

Nightmarish to watch, to be honest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If by “interesting” you mean “improperly and ineffectively”, I would agree. “Lock-rip-rack” isn’t difficult, but it does require training. Of course the officer may well have had that training, but it clearly didn’t kick in when needed.

Nightmarish to watch, to be honest.
    Yep, that's what I meant. Kind of crazy to see, especially reaching into the chamber.

Modesto, CA

Actually more of a private citizen use-of-force, including the reported application of a chokehold...

https://www.policemag.com/608742/civ...678e7213956i6a

Anyone on here from that area know what type of holster was reportedly almost defeated?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by csheehy View Post
    Modesto, CA

Actually more of a private citizen use-of-force, including the reported application of a chokehold...

https://www.policemag.com/608742/civ...678e7213956i6a

Anyone on here from that area know what type of holster was reportedly almost defeated?
    I wonder if it was a Safariland ALS with SLS hood. Instead of actually partially coming out of the holster, the hood was defeated, but the ALS kept it in place. Just a guess on my end.

[QUOTE=TheNewbie;1226641]Interesting attempt to clear the malfunction. Is that a Glock?

Kinda looks like a PPQ to me.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=SWAT Lt.;1226905]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Interesting attempt to clear the malfunction. Is that a Glock?

Kinda looks like a PPQ to me.
    I think you may be correct. A PPQ never occurred to me. Good eye!

Site Supporter
    Police in Indianapolis putting RDS sights to use against a moving target at a fair distance. I think this is the first video I’ve seen with what looks like an acro on at least one officer’s gun.

im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List